3. Finally Waking up

I hadn't even realized what was happening. One minuit I was in a tank hearing a voice on the radio the next I was catching my breath on a balcony next to Rick and some guy. I stood there questioning what had just happended between now and the tank. Was the man next to me the voice on the radio?

I looked down and saw tons of Z's underneath us.

Oh my god....

"Nice moves there Clint Eastwood. Your either a sheriff come riding in to clean the town." The Asian man said "Wasn't my intention." Rick talked. "Ya whatever. Ye-ha. You're still dumbasses."

Fucker.

"Rick. Thanks." "Glenn. Your welcome." They introduced each other shaking hands. "You?" Glenn asked me. I starred at him and narrowed my glare. I didn't feel comfortable telling him my name so quickly. "Daryl number 2, alright."

Daryl number 2? Whose Daryl?

He looked down. "Oh no." He said. I looked down and one of the Z's started climbing up the ladder. Well trying at least. I started climbing first. Sure it was a long way up but I wasn't afraid of heights. Glenn said something to Rick below me but I wasn't listening. We got to the top and went through a building and walked across a roof and another one. Rick and Glenn were having a conversation to each other but I was focused on getting to where ever the hell Glenn was taking us. We climbed up to the next rood and ran to a little square door that led down into the building we were on. Glenn dropped his backpack down and so did I. After Glenn got down I went after him. Rick closed the door after us. I dropped down the ladder and picked up my backpack swinging it around my shoulder.

We ran through a room and down some metal stairs leading down into and alley. There were only 4 Z's walking around so they were easy to handle. I killed the first and second one easily with my knuckle knife. I stopped to see what Rick and Glenn were doing. They were just standing there. On the stairs....doing nothing. "You gonna help me?!" Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed my shoulders I ducked down and grabbed the things legs and flipped it over my back. It slammed to the ground with a thunk and as it fell I killed it making a weird squishy sound.

A loud banging sound was made behind me. I whipped around to see what you sound. 2 men came charging towards me I got out of the way and they started bashing the head of the last remaining Z. The men were in fully padded body suits making them look like prison gaurds. Rick and Glenn ran past me so I followed after them. The 2 guys ran behind us closing the door behind us. I ran into the room Glenn ran into.

A blonde women bashed into me puting her hand on my throat (but not choaking me) pushing me up against some box's, or what felt like box's, and held a gun to my forehead.

"Bitch. I oughta kill you." She spat on my face. "Chill out Andrea, back off." One of the men in the padded suits said. He looked Hispanic.

"Come on. Shes up." A black women with short black hair said.

" She's up alright. We're dead because of these assholes." Said Andrea again. "Andrea. I said back the hell off." The Hispanic man said. I looked at Rick then back at women. " Back off!!!" I yelled. "Or pull the trigger." The man said once more. "Excuse me!!" I yelled at him. She turned away taking her hand off my throat and the gun away from my forehead. She turned back to look at me with tears in her eyes. "We're dead. All of us. Because of you guys." She said backing up. " I don't understand?" Rick said from the back of the room.

The Hispanic man grabbed Rick shoulder and started walking with him behind me. I turned around and started following everyone in front of me. " Look we came to the city to scavage for supplies. You know what the key to scavenging is. Surviving. You know what the key to surviving is. Sneaking in and out. Not shooting up the streets like it's the o'kickeral." The man said to Rick as I followed behind 5 people into a department store. On one side it was filled with rows of clothing. On the other it was a jewelry store. "Every geek for miles heard you." Said the Hispanic man. "And you just ran the dinner bell" continued Andrea. "Get the picture now." I looked at what they were all looking at. 2 pairs of glass door stood on the wall and tons of Z's clawed at it behind them. Eventually that glass would break and they would come piling in to tear our flesh apart.