Days Gone Bye - Part 1

I walked through the street looking for any houses that would be open. I noticed a house with the windows borded up so I tried to see if the door would be open. Luckily it was. I closed the door behind me and banged on the wall beside me to attract any Z's that could be in the house. After awhile of piere silence I came to the conclusion that there were non and started touring the house.

In the living room there were blankets on the floor that made a bed and beside the bed was an oil lamp with a comic beside it. The kitchen was all white. White cupboards, white counters, white table, white chairs, and so on. I looked in the cupboards to find any food but all I could manage to find was a can of beans and tomato soup.

I went upstairs and looked in the bedrooms. The 1st seemed to be a little boys room. A single bed layed in the corner of the room. The blanket had trucks on them and toys and clothes were scattered across the floor. The 2nd seemed to be a teenaged girls room. Posters of boy bands hanged on the wall, a douple bed with pink blankets and a dresser/mirror with pictures of friends stuck into the mirror's sides. The 3rd was the parents room. It was plain and simple. A douple bed with blue blankets and a dark brown dresser across from the bed. Even more upstairs was a room with boxes and a window out towards in front of the house. In front of the window was a chair with the window opened. I didn't know what to think of that.

I went back downstairs and set my backpack beside the makeshift bed and searched through it to find my can opener. I grabed something that felt like it but it just turned out to be my emergency gun. I was more of a knife person rather that a gun person, but I had it just in case I really needed it. I digged through the cans of food and bottles of water and asthma puffers but couldn't find my can opener.

Where could it have gone?

I went into the bathroom to go see if the toilet worked. But of course it didn't. I looked into the mirror at myself. I haven't seen myself in a mirror in such long time, it was calling my name. I looked at my face. The blood that was splattered all over it making it hard to see my self so I looked at my clothing instead. My black tang top and ripped skinny jeans still looked fine, so I don't need to go clothes shopping anytime soon. My leather gloves and combat boots still looked ok too. But I did need a new pocket belt. I held all my knifes in there. My waist was practicly surrounded by knifes. I also needed new knifes. These ones were getting dull and bent.

I wiped off the blood on my face but it only spreaded it around even more. I flipped my blue and red hair to the other side of my head. You could still see my naturally brown hair around it, but the blue and red stood out the most making the brown forgotten.

Wow they sure meant it when they said it was permanent. Even in an apocalypse it's still shiny like I just washed it.

I went back into the living room and sat down on the makeshift bed of blankets. I layed down and starred at the cieling for what seemed like hours just thinking about this new horrific world and reminiscing about the old (what now seems wondeful) world.

I ran into the house as fast as I could to get away from those monsters. All I needed was to find my family. I walked around my childhood home knife in hand ready to attack. I was ready to cry seeing it covered in blood. All the family pictures. All the toys and books. While memorys of me as a child flooded my brain.

I creeped up the stairs breathing heavily. " Please be alright. Please be alright". I slowly walked towards my parents room. I opened the door. I fell to my knee's as I watched my father bleed to death and my mother dead on the ground with gashes in their necks and arms.

I ran to my daddy and held onto his neck. " No no no no no no! Daddy please! Please! I need you! You can't leave me alone. I'm scared. Please!" He smiled and raised his hand to my cheek and rubbed it. "I-I l-love y-y-you. P-please ta-a-ake car-re of F-faith. She n-needs you." I nodded my head in responce. "I love you too. Please daddy. Don't go." A tear drop slid down my cheek and onto his. He smiled one last time then his expression went blank.