Just Keep Going: 4

Killian and Emma waited in the room for what seemed like forever. He told her that he had a plan but he wouldn't tell her what it was. Killian kept pacing up and down the room with his hands on his head making Emma feel nervous. "Can you just stay still please? You're starting to worry me." She finally said. Killian dropped his hands to his side and turned to her. "Sorry, I'm just anxious. We really need to get out of here." He continued to pace up and down until they both heard someone walking toward their room.

Killian stopped walking and lowered his stance as if he were a hunter in the forest trying to hide from his prey so it wouldn't see him.

"Emma you need to stay like you are and just don't move."

As the person got closer to their room, Emma grew more worried. What would they do to her? Would it be the same as what happened last time? Her breaths became louder and she started to panic.

"K-Killian I..."

"Do you trust me?" She was cut off by these rushed words. He waited for an answer but she didn't say anything. He asked her again this time in a louder voice. The person was getting closer and they were running out of time.

"Emma do you trust me?" His voice was loud but soft at the same time. Trust. A thing so precious that only a few in her life were ever able to gain. She barley knew this man but somehow she felt like she could be in any situation and he would be there to save her. Like he would be there no matter what happened. Trust. Did she trust him? She put those thoughts and questions aside. She didn't say anything but she knew that the person was almost at their door so she nodded her head and did as he said.

Killian picked up the tray that they were given with food on it and moved to behind the door. Right as he got to his position, the door swung open. He stayed behind it clutching on to the food tray with a tight grip. As he figured, the man walked in and started for Emma but stopped.

"Where's the other one?" He asked confused. Emma didn't say anything jut like Killian had told her to do in the first place and the man turned his head to look for Killian. It was too late, as his eyes fell upon Killian, he had already taken the tray and hit him on the head with it. The tray cracked and the man fell to the floor. Killian didn't give him time to scream for help or get back up. He got on top of him and hit him hard in the face until the man was unconscious. Killian's sat up and tried to catch his breath while Emma looked at him with a surprised look on her face. Killian was still sore from where he had gotten beat but he tried not to think of that.

Emma finally understood his plan. Their door was open now and she stood extending her arms out for Killian to take. He finally caught his breath then took her hands as she helped him up. "Let's go" she whispered throwing him a smile. Killian smiled back and walked with her to the door. They waited for a second just in case someone would walk by. Emma stuck her head outside of the door to see if the coast was clear and it was. Killian stayed close to her so he wouldn't be visible if someone were to walk across the corner. Emma brought her head back and their faces were now inches away from each other. She looked into his eyes for a moment and then spoke, "There's a door with sunlight in it down the hall. I don't know if anyone is in there but it doesn't look like anyone's in the hallway. If we go now we might be able to get in it without anyone seeing us." Her voice was quiet but Killian could hear the desperation in her voice. She was ready to leave this place where everything was taken from her. He found himself stuck in her eyes but eventually broke away from her gaze.