Chapter 1- Fight

CHAPTER 1: FIGHT

"You stupid girl." I'm thrown on the ground. I curl my hand into a fist and stand up. I teeter on my feet for a few seconds so the world will stop spinning.

"You call me that again Devin and I swear you won't have a nose to breathe through." I snap back at him. Devin is my older brothers best friend. My brother, William (also Will) , doesn't know that Devin is such a jerk to me. Devin and Will are two grades older than me, which means they are juniors and I'm a softmore.

"Maddie. You should learn to punch." Devin smirks at me. The anger in me bubbles. I am SICK and TIRED of him saying this crap about me.

He throws a punch at me and I easily dodge it, throwing a punch back. It connects with his face. I can hear my knuckles popping as they smash into him. He falls on the ground.

Devin dives for my legs and I collapse on top of him, hearing him grunt as I fall on his back. I start punching randomly and then I get a blow to the face. I roll back and shake off the pain. I stand back up and me and Devin circle. Slowly, slowly, slowly...I wait for him to throw the punch.

He does and I grab his arm and twist it upwards throwing him into the alley wall. He takes in a painful gasp.

"You fight like a girl." He spits out blood with his words. I shrug at him.

"We'll you're losing to a girl so either I'm pretty good or you just suck." I say. A kick him in the stomach and he doubles over.

He lays on the ground spitting out blood but I turn and walk away.

To home. To Will. To bandages. To sleep....