08

Maya's POV

"Shit." I muttered once I realized I had forgotten to grab the wrench before I slid underneath the Chevy.

I patted my pockets once again to make sure and to my dismay I was correct. Sighing, I relaxed back on the wooden slab.

"Emanuel! Can you please get me the wrench?" I called out for him. Hearing no reply, I hollered for him again. "Emanuel?"

There was only silence and my heavy breathing that would be heard. Just before I was about to call for him again, I remembered I had sent him for his lunch break.

"Ah fuck." I grumbled.

Lately I had been getting annoyed and frustrated quite easily. I didn't know what was the cause of my behavior, but I just was. But I did know that Daniel was a part of the reason why I was getting so irritated at the smallest things.

Just when I was about to wheel myself away from underneath the car, a hand appeared at my side holding a wrench. I took the tool from the stranger's hand as I continued to stare at their shoes and hand trying to identify them. It was definitely a male.

The stranger put both their hands onto the ground, as so did their knees. Moments later, a bob of blonde hair was shown and the smiling face of a familiar male. It was Zayn.

"Hey."

"Hi." instantly a smile spread across my lips.

I hadn't seen Zayn for a few days and it felt great to see him again. Being thrilled about his arrival, I swiftly pulled myself away from the car. I stood up and brushed my dirty hands against my jumpsuit.

I strode towards him and embraced him with my arms wrapping around his shoulders. "I missed you." I pulled back after our short embrace but still remained bounded by his arms, as mine were laced around his neck.

"Did you now?" he asked raising a brow looking at me amused.

"I enjoy being in your company Zayn." I casually shrugged as I took in the details of his perfectly structured face.

"I do too Maya." he said as he leaned in towards me to plant a soft kiss against my cheek.

I placed my hand at the side of his face as my thumb grazed his prickly stubble. I took a few more seconds to stare at him affectionately before pulling away entirely.

"So what brings you here?"

"Decided to take a break from unpacking and come down here to see you." he said leaning against the Chevy crossing his arms.

"Oh my God, you've moved? Already?"

"Yes." he softly chuckled. "It's a nice place."

"Well, I'm definitely coming over one day." I said smirking.

"I'll be waiting." he said in a lower voice licking his lips.

Oh my God.

Smiling to myself, I walked back to the front of the car and continued to do my job. I was grateful that no one was currently at the garage except only me and Zayn. Knowing the fact we were alone only further excited me about his presence at the shop.

"I must say, you have one hell of a shop Maya. Business must be really good for you." Zayn said eyeing the place around.

"Thank you and yeah, it has been for a few years."

"How'd you start it all?"

Just as I was about to pop open the hood of the car, I stopped. I put the tool I was holding back on the table behind me and looked up at Zayn. "It's a long story."