Potentially Problematic

• Dedicated to Rimsha Duerre

For the next few months I enjoyed my time at Hogwarts. Without the occasional disturbance from a low-life otherwise known as...well pretty much anyone besides me, things were pretty dull.

Tracey, Millicent, and Daphne followed me like stray puppies, and Draco and I couldn't have been better. At least, that's what I wanted to believe. To be honest, he was growing increasingly distant and I didn’t like it. With Pansy's snide remarks shooting at me every time I walked into class without him, I was beginning to get paranoid.

"What's the matter, Rimsha? Is Loverboy out again?" she called over to me. Speak of the devil. "I'm sure it's nothing." I rolled my eyes.

"The next time he comes to you with his problems, you let me know," I picked up my books and walked out as potions ended. I heard someone creep up behind me and whipped around expecting to yell at whoever was behind me. Then I saw Draco. "Oh."

"I missed you too," he chuckled. I smiled at him timidly. I hate to admit it, but I couldn't stay mad at him.

"How was your day doing boring Prefect-y things?" I asked looking up at him. He used to tower over me, but had developed a slight stoop since I'd first met him. He shook his head and sighed.

"Complicated. Always complicated. And, I need to tell you something; something that's been going on for a while that I could never buck up the courage to tell you about." He looked down nervously, and I frowned.

'Something's been going on' are never the words you want to hear from your stable boyfriend.

"Tell me," I commanded. He looked back up; face breaking out in a cold sweat.

"I can't. Not here; not yet." I looked at him impatiently.

"Don't be so dramatic. If you've got something to say, say it."

"I'll meet you in the Room of Requirement at six tonight. Alright? Think of a place that'll tell you the truth." I nodded and walked down the hall. If Draco was going to break up with me, I was going to be ready.

Just a word of advice to anyone who knows they're about to be broken up with. 1) Make sure you look amazing so they know what they're missing. 2) Do not accept a simple I'm sorry when you say something is their fault. 3) Don't take them back because they've "changed" without them proving it. 4) If you want them back and they don't care, they aren't worth it.

I slipped into my black and white tube top, makeup already in place and pumps securely on. I blotted my signature blood red lipstick off the corners of my mouth and walked downstairs: 5:47 P.M. I'd be early if I rushed, but I didn't. I'd never admit it to anyone, but I was scared.

I walked toward the Room quietly and hoped that the scene I had been brewing in my head all day was not the one I was about to witness. I swallowed as I approached the tapestry and didn't even think to grimace at its stupidity. I walked past the room three times, and looked behind pushing the door open. What I found was much worse than I could have imagined.