Chapter 34: Talk, Talk, Talk

Allie's P.O.V

I let go of Luke and saw Finley looking like she was trying very hard not to cry. "Lee," I said, concerned. "Where's Eli?"

Her lip trembled and a single tear fell down her cheek, tracing her face. I knew then that something wrong, because Finley didn't cry that often.

"Finley," I frowned and left Luke, coming over by her to sit next to Finley. "What's wrong?"

Finley simply shook her head and turned away from me.

I heard Luke come closer and ask gently, "Finley, where's Eli?" I glanced up to see him looking down at her, worried.

"He left," her voice sounded strange, all choked up from her clearly trying hard not to cry

"Why'd he leave?" Allie's voice was gentle.

"W-We had a fight," Finley said, and now she was actually crying, tears making their way from her eyes.

"A fight?" I frowned again. "About what?"

Finley sniffed and wiped at her eyes. Luke sat next to me and looked at his sister with concern.

"About you guys," she admitted and our sigh emanated throughout the room.

"Finley, you don't have to fight about us," Luke said gently. "We can handle our own problems."

"B-But you guys were broken up and you're perfect for each other and I just wanted to help," she cried, sounding like a small kid caught in trouble.

"And we appreciate that," I said, putting my hand on her knee. "But your first concern should be you and Eli."

Finley sniffed in response.

"Finley, don't worry about us," I whispered. "If you love something, let it go and if it comes back then it loves you too, remember?"

"She has a point," Mr. Collins said.

We jumped; I had forgotten that he was even here.

"If it doesn't come back," he continued."It was never yours to begin with."

Luke and I nodded in agreement and Finley agreed to, but she still looked worried, which I figured was normal. She did have a right to worry, anyway. I was worried about Luke and she helped me, now she's worried about Eli and I'm trying to help her. 

I hope she gets everything sorted out.

When Finley excused herself to go upstairs, I looked at her dad. He looked slightly concerned. "She'll be okay," he said, as if he was trying to reassure himself more than us.

I nodded then took Luke's hand and led him upstairs. He smiled gently down at me as I closed his bedroom door behind us.

"I'm really glad you didn't leave," he said suddenly, pulling me close again and taking a deep breath, like he was trying hard not to cry.

"Um, about that," I said, disentangling myself gently. "We need to talk."

Luke looked confused. "But I thought you forgave me." 

"Well, I did, but that doesn't make everything okay," I said, sitting down on his bed with a heavy sigh. "You hurt me, Luke."

Luke sat down next to me, a look quite similar to despair on his face. "I know, and I'm so sorry." 

I held up a hand to stop him. "And I know you are, but this is different. And I really need to talk to you about this, because its important to me, so please, just listen."