Chapter 17: First Dates and Fails

The twenty-second time I saw him, he was embarrassed and beautiful and adorable.

Allie's P.O.V.

I threw another shirt behind me before collapsing on the bed and groaning loudly.I had nothing to wear.

Jasmine poked her head around the door. "Why are you complaining?"

"I have a date," I answered.

Her expression contorted into one of surprise. "You? You have a date? With who?"

"Whom," I corrected.

Rolling her eyes, Jasmine said, "Well? Who is your date?"

"Luke," I said.

Jasmine wrinkled her nose in disgust. "That's the one who you almost fucked on the couch, right?"

I nodded. "So you do know him."

Jasmine looked thoughtful. "Good abs, broad shoulders, dark hair, dark eyes, he's not bad."

"Well, if I had asked for your opinion on my date, I would have asked," I said. "But thanks anyway."

"Well, I was going to help you with your date, but now since you've been rude, I won't," she flounced away, tossing her hair.

"Wouldn't want your help anyway!" I shouted after her. "I don't want to look like a barbie!"

I barely heard Jasmine's response, although it sounded similar to fuck you.

I turned back to closet and felt like punching myself. Luke told me to dress nice, and as a girl, that had multiple different meanings. Sweatpants were out of the question. I could wear a dress and heels, but if we were walking somewhere, I didn't want to have to walk. I could just wear jeans and a sweater, but it was late September and still warm out.

I decided on a casual dress with a sweater and some boots. I left my hair alone, knowing that if I tried to tame it, it would only end up bad. 

I emerged from my room and Jasmine, sitting on the couch, looked me over.

"You're wearing that on your date?" She wrinkled her nose.

"We've already fucked several times so I really don't need to dress to impress," I said cheerfully.

"You're disgusting, Allie," she said.

I shrugged. "I never said I wasn't."

Just then, the doorbell rang. I opened it almost immediately and Luke smiled shyly at me. He looked good in jeans and a button up shirt. His hair was styled in a quiff and his dark eyes sprakled at me.

"Hi," I said breathlessly.

"Hi," Luke replied. "Are you ready?"

I nodded, quickly grabbing a little brown bag with my phone and makeup in it, plus extra room in case, you know, I needed to shove breadsticks in it or something.

I closed the door behind me and turned to face Luke. 

He grinned at me. "You ready for the best night of your life?" He said cockily.

"Don't get too excited," I said. "The night where I almost got arrested for throwing water balloons at moving cars tops the list."

"You almost got arrested for throwing water balloons at cars?" Luke asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. And the cop said I hit some lady right in the side of her head, but the windows of the cars were very clearly closed."

Luke laughed. "You're something else, Allie."