23. A family affair

**
The next morning, Detective Chandler is at my door.

"The arrest is going to happen today, I got the warrant from the judge. I'm just waiting to find an exact location of Chris.Officer Rinson will watch you tonight. Greg and I will go out and arrest Chris."
A few minutes later, he gets a phone call. He looks at Greg. "It's time"

Greg and Chandler leave and Connor and I stay home and wait.
I look out the window and there's a police car near my apartment. I met officer Rinson at the hospital, but I rather have Greg watch me.
While we wait, Connor shows me how to program a little. It isn't as hard as it looks. when that's finished, I start a crossword and he reads the cartoon boxes from the newspaper. He reads me the jokes and we laugh at them together. I'm really enjoying this moment. At one point, we get so bored that we decide to do a staring contest. We can't look at each other for more than 2 seconds before we start laughing. We do one more. This time, we've lasting five seconds. We don't laugh but we smile. He gives up and I think he's bout to kiss me, but my phone rings and Connor allows it to play on his computer. Of course, the phone rings now.
There's a lot of noise. We can't quite hear what is being said. Finally, we hear something.

"Christopher Hoskins, you're under arrest for the murder of Jade butler and the assaulted rape of Jade Wilson"
He then goes on to read him his rights.
"What the hell is going on?" It's the Dean. "Dad!"
"Detective, what the hell is going on right now?"
"Sir move back please" another officer yells out. "Chris don't worry son. I'm calling Ted, they have nothing on you, son.This is ridiculous, this morning you're accusing me of murder, now my son"
"Sir, DNA doesn't lie"
"What D.."
The line cuts off.
The knock on my door makes me jump. Connor answers it. It's officer Rinson.
"Come with me, we're going to head down to the station so you can make a proper ID."
Connor and I follow officer Rinson to her car and she drives us to the station.
When we get there, it seems off. There's a built-up tension in the station.
Greg and Chandler approach me with a tall buff dark skinned man. He looks serious and even a bit scary.
"This is Lieutenant Peters." He points towards the dark skinned man.
"Hi," I say
He shakes my arm. "Mia, can you identify the men who killed Jade?"
I tell him yes. He then leads me to a window. There are numbers on the top of each line. He knocks on the window and a line of men enter the room. Above them, the numbers display. One to seven. When the men turn towards the front, I immediately recognize Chris.
"Number two," I say without hesitation.
"Thank you," Peters says.
He knocks on the window and the guys clear out.
"You son of a bitch!" Marissa enters the police station with Daniel, yelling at detective Chandler. He just stands there and watches her. Everyone in the police station stops and stares at the scene. Peters folds his arms and watches as well. I don't think Marissa know that he's here.
"How dare you arrest my son?! You're not even on this case. What evidence do you have against Chris?!"
"I have a Witness able to ID him at the party.."
"You mean that stupid girl who lost her memory? How can you base your evidence on a girl suffering from short-term memory loss?"
"We have DNA confirmation.."
She cuts him off. "DNA? Who gave you the authorization to take DNA swabs from my son? I know I didn't!"
"We didn't take it from your son, we took it from your husband."
Marissa turns to her husband. He looks embarrassed. "You fucking idiot!" She yells at him now."You dumb idiot! You gave your DNA to the police and you didn't tell me."
"I-I wa-was trying to re-reach you..."

"You-you we-re try-trying to reach me?" She mocks him. "You're such a fucking idiot. This is all your fault! If you weren't screwing her in the first place, your son wouldn't be in jail. You're the one who should be in jail you.."
"ENOUGH!" Peters yell.
"Lieutenant." Marissa finally notices him. At this point, she looks crazy.
"Marissa, let's talk. Now!"
She follows Peters and they disappear into a room.
Chandler tells Dean Daniel to sit down.
"Did my son really do this?" He asks Chandler.
"I think he did," he responds.
"This is all my fault."
Chandler pats his back. "Is your lawyer here because I want to question Chris."
"He'll be here in a few minutes."
We sit and wait for the lawyer to arrive and when he does, the interrogation begins.