The Boy Next Door

I started to walk home instead of taking the bus. I just love seeing the sun and the trees as I'm walking home. The heavenly smell of a tempered/cold air mixed with the flowers trying to come back to life. All the perfumes go through my nose and I just can't resist. As I was walking home, I noticed that someone was following me. I kept trying to look back but I didn't want the person to know I know he's following me...if that makes any sense at all. I could see a well built silhouette and a backpack. Student. It's odd because I usually always am the only one to walk home. It's like a 30 minute walk so yeah. I kept on walking without looking back until I got home. I opened my books and started to do my homework. Once done, I went up in my room and got into the shower. I washed and changed into comfy clothes (grey joggers with a black crop top and white socks) I then took off every inch of makeup off my skin which felt so good. I decided to look through my window, we can see the new neighbours house, the ones who moved in this morning. My window was right infront of another window..not to be a stalker or anything but I had to look. Someone walked into the windows room that I was looking at. A well built man, with a black shir- Shawn.
I could make out a shower at the other end of his room, he took off his shirt revealing his abs & arm muscles who were tan. DAMN. He ran his hand through his hair and looked at me looking at him in the window. Instantly he smiled and stuck his tongue out. I quickly closed the drapes. Let's just hope he won't remember this tomorrow. Wait did he really stick his tongue out at me, did he know I was watching him from the beginning?? Is that why he took off his shirt? He wanted to show me? Probably not, he probably didn't see me until he ran his fingers through his hair.
My face turned red and that's when I knew I should probably go to sleep, before I start to overthink things...I do it a lot.
MORNING//I wake up and get dressed into jeans, black jeans with a black shirt as well. I put on a leather jacket. I put my concealer, mascara and eyeliner one, then run downstairs where I take an apple and my school bag and lunch. I get to the bus stop where Shawn is waiting already.
He turns around as soon as he hears me shut my door house. He smiles and looks down.
"So you like looking through people's windows?"
He chuckles. Shit. I thought he wouldn't have said anything. My face instantly turns read and I let out a nervous giggle.
"Oh um yeah I was looking at the snow"
Shawn spins around and looks for snow, which there isn't any because we're at the end of May. Shit. He smiles.
"You must've had plenty of snow to look at"
He chuckles and looks out for the bus.
"Why were you looking through my window"
I smirked.
He checked out for the bus which was now in front of us and waiting for us to get on. We were the first to get picked up. He races to the door and sits in my seat. MY SEAT. I always take that seat.
"Shawn change seats that's my seat, I always take that seat" I lightly pout. A little smile appears on his face.
"I'll scoot over and we can both sit in this seat"
I smile lightly and sit next to Shawn. As the bus was getting fuller with teenagers, Aaron got on and decided to sit in the seat right in front of us.
"Hey the new kid, lick the window"
Shawn looks up at Aaron with a confused face, he wasn't sure what to do. I could see Shawn's body tense up.
"Man I won't lick the window"
Shawn looked at me with caring eyes and back at Aaron with dark eyes.
"What did you say, did you just say no to me"
Shawn kept his head held high and answered the question.
"Yeah I won't lick the window man"
I kept looking at shawn, not one moment did I take my eyes off him, I guess he was starting to notice because he took my hand and held it. His hand was huge compared to mine, it was very hot and it warmed me up. Once he had took my hand, he was calmer and surprisingly I was very calmed and relaxed too.
Aaron sighed and was angry.
"Well Mr. Mendes we're going to have to settle this at school" he smirked and started to talk to his friends.
Shawn looked down at our hands, our hands were intertwined. He quickly let go.
"Oh sorry I just..uh...sorry"
I smiled a sweet smile.
"It's okay Shawn"
I took his hand and put it in mine, he, watched every move I made and decided to lean his head on my shoulder. I could see he had bags under his eyes, like if he hadn't slept in weeks. He slept on my shoulder until we got to school. Once we got there I gently brushed his hand with my thumb, which woke him up gently. He looked up and me with a gently look and whispered "thank you" we got off the bus and we sticked to each other. Once in the lockers Aaron got, closer to Shawn and eventually took him apart from me and pushed him against a locker...pretty hard.
"AARON GET THE FUCK OFF HIM"
Shawn looked at me with a surprised look.
Aaron let go of Shawn and got closer to me, his eyes were dark and I could tell he was about to hit me. His fist got up and prepared to punch me....that's when someone took his hand right before I got punched, preventing me from getting hurt. Shawn.