Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Carlos’ Past Affair

They arrived to Tokyo before lunch. They checked in again at the same hotel at the same suite. 

Carlos didn’t wish for anything on his birthday. He said that having known that she was pregnant and more so with twins was the best birthday gift ever. 

But still Margarita decided to make a few surprises for him. A day prior to their flight she already knew that they would be staying at The Peninsula Tokyo again. Carlos also had made lunch reservation at Hei Fung Terrace located at Level 2 of the hotel. So, she called and asked for their help in her surprises. 

12:00 NN

They were sat on a table for two. Carlos wasn’t able to reserve for a private dining room because she didn’t like it. 

They ordered. Carlos asked so many questions to the waiter just to make sure that she would be able to eat the right kind of food. When the waiter left, she voiced out her comments. 

“Sweetheart, I perfectly know what I can and cannot eat. You don’t have to be so overprotective,” she told him calmly and sweetly. 

“I just want to make sure, sweetheart. There’s nothing wrong with double checking. I just want to make sure that you and our babies are getting the proper nutrition,” he replied thoughtfully. 

“I know but you don’t need to pamper me too much. I’m not a kid anymore and I’m a doctor. I’ll take good care of our babies,” she assured him. 

“I know you will,” he had acknowledged it. “By the way, the Hanamichis had invited us for dinner tonight at their place. It shall be another one of those formal gatherings we both don’t enjoy attending.” 

She replied, “It’s your birthday. Can we pass?” 

He said, “We’ll go home early. I don’t want you sleeping late. Nina’s order!” 

She changed their topic, “Bob already proposed marriage to Rhena last Saturday. They’ll get married by November. She asked me to be her maid of honor.” 

Carlos commented with a smile, “Good! Bob also asked me to be his best man.” 

She asked him, “What shall we give them as wedding gift?” 

He answered, “I haven’t thought about it yet. Any idea?” 

“A honeymoon trip perhaps,” she suggested “Bob deserves a break, sweetheart.” 

“Yeah,” he agreed. “So, where shall we send them off for their honeymoon?” 

“I’m thinking of Paris or Venice,” she voiced out her idea.

“Or we can ask them to decide and just pay for it,” he suggested. 

“Yeah, I think that’s a better one. I’ll talk to Rob about it so he can have it as a surprise for Rhena,” she replied. 

Their food arrived. When they finished eating, a waiter served them a small round cake with an icing greeting – Daddy, Happy Birthday! From Your Twins

Then she was escorted by the waiter to the grand piano. 

She spoke by the microphone when she was already seated, “To everyone, please pardon me for just this small disturbance that I’m about to make. You see, it’s my husband’s thirty-fourth birthday and I want to play and sing one of his favorites. Sweetheart, this song is for you.”