Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

The Life Ahead

June 27, 2011. Monday. Margarita woke up without Carlos on her side anymore. She still felt tired over their trip. 

She saw a stem of white rose by the bedside with a note. 

Sweetheart,

I know I had made you so sore. Try to rest some more. I’ll be working the whole day.

Take care.

Carlos

It was already past eight o’ clock in the morning. Andrea, the female butler, she had hired came in with a breakfast tray.

“Good morning, ma’am,” the female butler said.

“Good morning, Andrea,” she greeted the butler back. “Did you know what time my husband left?”

“He left before seven o’clock, ma’am,” Andrea answered.

Manuel remained with them. He supervised the household of the three houses. Andrea was Manuel’s assistant and the personal maid assisting her.

They had hired three housekeepers by the names Minerva, Susana and Ofelia. They also had two cooks, Jose and Mona. They had a gardener, Juan. They still have Rogel and Samuel as personal drivers/bodyguards. They had five more security guards, of names she couldn’t remember anymore, taking turns in roving around the entire Puerto de Amparo. The rest of their household staff stayed at the servants’ cottage at the back of Quinta La Amparo.

She ate the breakfast that Andrea brought forher. Then she took a long bath, dressed up and went downstairs to visit Cobie and Chloe by the right side porch leading to the vacant space before the garage/sports hall.

Her puppy and kitten had their separate house by the covered porch. Cobie was more fond of Carlos while Chloe was more fond of her. They were transferred from Gonzalo Mansion just a day after their wedding and since then the two pets that Carlos had bought for her were taken cared by the housekeepers. Cobie and Chloe never fought despite their differences. They were sweet, cuddly and playful.

She went to the kitchen to wash her hands off the pets’ fur. She went out in the front door of the Quinta La Amparo and she walked down the path leading to Casa La Margarita, CMLF Building and G-L Medical Clinic by the left side. On opposite path were Casa El Carlos, CLE Building and the Assembly Hall/Canteen.

She went first to her office in the CMLF Building to check on the developments of the projects of the foundation. She had been away for the whole week. She wanted to read all the weekly status reports.

While on her office, she received a call from Nina on her mobile phone.

She answered, “Yes, Nina. How are you?”

Nina replied, “I’m fine. How’s your honeymoon?”

She confessed, “I still feel very sore, Nina. We were like rabbits there.”

Nina asked, “Did he already say magic words?”

Margarita’s voice saddened, “Not yet.”

Nina wanted assurance, “But are you happy?”

Margarita’s voice lighted up, “I’m very happy, Nina.”

Nina then stated, “That’s the most important thing – your happiness. Maybe Carlos isn’t just into words. He is more of the actions.”