Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

The Long Preparations

Since the announcement of their engagement, they had been photographed by paparazzi whenever they went out on dates. Their engagement was even shown in a TV Channel with a byline – Multi-Billionaire Bachelor  Announced His Wedding Engagement.

They also appeared on the covers of every local entertainment magazines, newspapers and tabloids.

Carlos was a well-known business tycoon all over the world. So their engagement was also featured in some international entertainment magazines as well as in some international business magazines.  

July 1, 2010. Friday. Carlos told Margarita that he would be away for a week-long business trip in Europe.

“I’ll have a week-long business trip in Europe. I’ll be leaving by Monday. I think you need to resign from your work. I want you to accompany me with my next business trips,” he said.

She asked, “Do I really have to stop?”

He told her, “We need to plan for our wedding. I already hired a wedding coordinator. I also purchased a residential land here in Olymvas. I already hired a construction and design team to put up buildings there. It shall have our home, your pediatric clinic, my management and support staff workplace among others.”

She cut in, “You’ll build me my own pediatric clinic?”

He confirmed it, “Yes, but you shall hire doctors, nurses,  and staff. I also want you to set up a charity foundation. We could have another building for that. I already gave the construction and design team my ideas and preferences but I also want you to meet them so you can incorporate your ideas and preferences too. The entire compound would be solar-powered. Bob, my lawyer, will help you out with all the legal aspects of the pediatric clinic as well as the charity foundation. We also need to hire our household staff. I would also be setting up a state-of-the art agricultural farm on the land I had acquired beside the Gonzalo Orchard. We can set up a small school for the small children of the workers of the farm as well as the orchard.”

Margarita cut in again, “Yeah, about the orchard. Can I ask you a favor?”

He replied, “Sure, sweetheart. What is it?”

She said, “I want you to manage the orchard along with this farm you have in mind. You can make any changes you want. Have it an extension of this farm if you want. Dad had already put it on my name. I don’t know anything about managing an orchard.”

He uttered, “Okay.”

“Thank you,” she expressed her gratitude. “So, when will I meet the wedding coordinator and this construction and design team?”

“The soonest the best! So, you really need to resign from your job so that you won’t be stressed out with all the preparations,” he said.

“Okay, I understand. I will file my resignation by Monday. I won’t be taking in more patients. I’ll just finish off with those I still have,” she agreed. “I can meet the construction and design team on my next day-off. I don’t think I can meet up with the wedding coordinator and Bob yet. I will probably meet them once I already finish with my patients.”

Carlos asked, “How long will you be finished with these patients?”

“A week or two I guess,” she replied.

“Okay,” he uttered. “Rizzi will also be doing all the gowns of our wedding entourage. So, we need to decide on the list.”

“Nina will definitely be my maid of honor. Then the rest of the members of HARMONY as my bridesmaids.  Then Chari will be my little bride,” she said.