This love is forever

A thousand years later

Elena sat down in the gazebo opening her diary. She gazed out just enjoying the sweet summer day. These were little pleasures she let herself enjoy immensely.

This was not just any gazebo, she would usually avoid them. She would only return to this one now and again as this was the place that she felt closest to him. There was not a day that she would not think of him, of his kisses, his smile, his dreamy eyes full of warmth, his touch, his love. 

A young witch, that she had met a few years before saw her and went to greet her- feeling Elena's melancholy she asked-"Are you all right? You are here again?! When did you arrive?"

"Are you all right? You are here again?! When did you arrive?"

"Hello- yes- I am fine- this morning. How are you?"- Elena explained and asked the girl how she was.
The girl replied cordially and then seeing the open diary in Elena's  up ready to leave -
"I shouldn't disturb you- you want time alone"

"Oh, no. It's ok. I was just going to write down a few lines - but- my heart doesn't let me. It'an awkward day, but never mind me- "-Elena said.

"My coven elders would love to see you"- the girl said.

"I will come and say hello. I would not leave without a hello."- Elena smiled a little. 

The girl nodded a little as a 'ok' and waved walking off.

Her heart was restless. As if something bad or something good was passing. Many times in her head she had weighed if there was any other way   could have dealt with what they had pledged to their families. But they were selfless people. The coven was her family. And Katherine held up to her word. She never told Tessa or anyone that Elena let Elijah live, and that they had their plan within the plan. And Elena hers, by letting Klaus live. 

Flashback

Some centuries back

Nadia walked up to Elena who was sitting at a table in the garden of one of the coven's houses somewhere in Italy.

"I saw that warlock looking at you. He really liked you. And you always walk off. Don't you believe in love?"

"Oh, I believe in love. I gave my heart away. And he still holds it."

"He died, didn't he?"- Nadia said.

Elena's eyes just watered. She could not disclose any of what had happened. And let Nadia believe it was so. 

Elena took her pen and started writing-
"There is this love. A forever kind of love. And a thousand years passed- as if time mattered. It was here. I saw him and nothing was the same. His eyes, his heart, him-
The way his voice resonated saying my name- like the most spectacular play of  - huh- how I miss you-"

"Elena-"- suddenly, like out of nowhere, she heard her name uttered -she raised her head and there he stood-
"Elijah-" -

Standing still in time for a moment, taking in the reality that both of them stood there in the gazebo where they first met so many centuries ago. 

"Elijah?"- Elena said whispering as she then made a step towards him dropping her diary in the process. Too many overwhelming emotions just made her stand yet holding her hand out to him- and him- nearly doing the same walked towards her now and as he reached her he took her hand. Elena could not stop her tears from running down-

"Have I ever told you that I love you?"- he said.

"Still?"

"Always."

Elena gulped and said -"Do you remember what I said before I said goodbye?"

"Yes...This love is forever!"- Elijah replied closing the gap between them giving her a little glance as they kiss.