Chapter 24

Taking in the ocean breeze was all I needed to escape my worries. The sound of the waves hitting the water wildly like on a real beach. I never seen it make waves before. Gazing out, I felt like I was waiting. Which I was in a way. Olivia, Dawn called her Olivia.

"You came again," I heard her say from behind me.

Turning towards her I smiled. "Hi again."

She smiled back, "Hello Edea."

"Your name its Olivia, right?" she nodded her head as she stretched out her eagle like wings.

"I take it she woke," Olivia said as sat on the sand. I nodded my head once as I sat next to her.

"Olivia, I have a question. I have a good idea what it all means but what is a life mate?"

Olivia laughed to the point that she fell back and lied on the sand. "It as it sounds. To a vampire a life mate is someone that can't live without."

I have her an annoying look as if to say 'don't make fun of me'. Victor called me a life mate and it has to be a mistake. I mean his brother and my sister are together. He's like my brother in-law. There is no way for use to be a couple. Not that I was thinking about it or anything. "How do you know who they are your life mate?"

She sat up right and pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged her legs close to her. "My father use to tell us it was like magic. You can't live without that people. All you want to do it love them, protect them, and forever be by their side. But every case is different."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well sometimes if a vampire had many lovers who died or had been murder they would try to push their life mate away to protect them. They would rather have their mate hate them and leave just so they wouldn't hurt him or her. Other times the vampire can act like a child and be very... loving."

"Do they act like perverted dogs?" I asked rolling my eyes a little.

She laughed once more, "There was never a day my father didn't seduce my mother to bed. I don't know how many time we had to worn each other to not get close to the house until they were done. But yes, my father didn't have a whole lot of self-control unlike many others I knew about."

"So how do you know for sure that person is your life mate?"

"Are you telling me you have a vampire lusting after you?" I didn't say anything knowing my face had showed it all. My ears were burning and my cheeks were blushed. She only smiled at me and then gazed up at the blue sky. "One way to know is if their eyes glow red but they can to that to anyone that attracts them. And the other way is if you get pregnant on the first try."

"What? Anyone can get pregnant on the first try." I have to get pregnant to know if I'm his life mate. What kind of silly shite is this?

"Vampires can't have a child with just anyone, only with their mate. It's how it has been since from the beginning."

"Can you have more than one mate?"

She bobbed her head from left to right, thinking, "It's rare but you can have more than one mate but it can take hundreds or even thousands of years to found another mate." Olivia lied her head on her knees and looked at me. "This man you like, did he have a mate?"

"He was married once but I don't know... what!" I said getting up on my feet. "I don't like him! Victor is a pig and a bastard. He stole my first kiss!" I yelled.

She giggled, "So this man is named Victor." I inhaled deeply. "I don't know if she was his life mate but if he married her he may have loved her. But try not to compete with a corpses," she smiled.