Chapter 9

I apologise for the long wait my sweets, I pinky promise it won't happen again! Please comment, vote, and tell people about the book!

Plus, I'm thinking of changing the cover for this book, if any of Y'all have any idea of what it should look like then message me! Thanks sugar lumps!

Athasia's POV

"I'm sorry what?" I asked completely bewildered. Our eyes were locked and I could see the pain in his eyes. He swallowed hard and looked away from me but I placed my hands on either side of his face and pulled so he could look at me.

"I have a daughter." He said again.

"I know that... With who? When? How?" I asked curious and pained at the same time. He didn't answer...

All I'm thinking now is that I don't want baby Mama drama... I don't want to confuse the little girl. What if she hates me? Why did I have to know now? Would he have kept her a secret from me?

"I got some girl pregnant back in High school, Heather, she never told me that I got her pregnant though. She died soon after birth so Heather's parents took her in. They didn't know I was her father until last year. So I try my best to be there when I can." He said softly.

"I was gonna tell you... I was gonna tell you a lot of things." He said quietly. I looked at him and run my thumb across his thick lips. He looked me in the eyes with hurt in them.

"What about the drugs? We're you gonna tell me?" I asked straight forward. He stiffened and a flash of regret crossed his eyes causing me to to grow anticipated. He quickly looked away with panic in his eyes.

"Oh my God..." I whispered in a gasp placing my hands on my mouth.

"I was." He said sternly and continued. "Don't worry. I was just waiting for the right time." He said.

"And when exactly was 'the right time?'" I asked curious with my hands on my hips. He shrugged his shoulders and mumbled something to himself. "Eh? I can't hear you!" I said irritated. He looked me in the eyes with regret and my heart pounded.

"When I knew this thing was real." He said honestly causing pain to strike through me.

"This THING?" I asked bewildered. "Oh is that what this is?" I questioned him.

He looked panicked and held my hands as he tried to get me to look into his eyes. "Look at me Thai!" He whisper yelled. I didn't look. I suddenly felt his hands, rough on my chin, pulling my face towards his making me look at him. "This is more than a THING okay? I know that now." He said causing me to nod. "Do you understand me?" He asked, looking me deep in the eyes.

I nodded yes and he kissed me on my forehead before he got up and I followed.

"Now get you sexy ass upstairs to dress up while I apologise to my Ma Ey, we're going out." He said while smacking my ass as we walked out causing me to gasp.

"Where to?" I inquired. He just smirked and pointed to the stairs.

"15 minutes babe, or you'll be sporting half straightened hair for the rest of the day." He said making me rush upstairs.

Duke's POV

I walked into the kitchen to find my mother washing the dishes, she still looked shaken and I suddenly felt regret. I never meant to hurt her, she taught me never to hurt women but I hurt her. My hand reached for her arm but she flinched sending waves of pain through me. She then turned around with a pained smile.