Chapter 23- Dates, Cliches, and Simple Threats

London’s POV:

                “Right on target,” Aiden states proudly as I once again shoot right through my target. Over the past week, he’s helped me with my shooting; I just want to be prepared for anything. I know things seem like they’ve simmered down but I know something’s coming sooner or later.

                “Thanks Aid,” I sigh as I remove the protective glasses from my face, allowing my hair to frame it.

                “You’re welcome,” he looks up from his phone. “Hey, do you know where Avery is?”

                “Uhm, I think she went home with her mom, why?”

                “Asher’s looking for her,” he walks towards me. I let out a light laugh.

                “Is he still trying to apologize for getting her arrested,” Aiden and I had to go at night to bail the idiot and my best friend out of jail.

                “Yeah…,” Aiden trails off.

                “Is everything alright Aid?” I have a feeling there’s something he’s not telling me. He looks up at me.

                “No, everything’s fine,” he responds quickly. Now, I know something’s not right.

                “What’s going on?” he begins to back his way to the stairs, he’s ready to bolt.

                “Aiden!” I scream as he dashes upstairs, what could he be hiding. When I get upstairs, past the kitchen and into living room, I look around the room mouth agape. There iis a rainbow of balloons flowing around throughout the whole room.

                “What the hell’s going on here?” I ask the twins who seem to be blowing more up.

                “We’re,” Ashton pants, did they blow up all these balloons?

                “Helping Asher,” Athen finishes. Helping Asher, what the hell?

                “Did you guys do all of this?” I wave my hand to emphasize the room, they nod. “Why not just use an air pump?”

                “An air what?” Athen looks up.

                “Air pump, you know to save your breath,” I look at him like he’s crazy.

                “There’s an air pump?” Ashton struggles to breathe. I shake my head and make my way upstairs in search of Asher. I barge into his room to find him jotting down on a notebook.

                “What the hell are you doing?” I plop down on his bed.

                “I’m planning this shit for Avery,” he mumbles, far too concentrated on his work.

                “Asher, I’m going to say this because I love you, that freaking rainbow downstairs will not impress her,” now I have his attention.

                “What should I do then?”

                “Look, just go up to her and apologize or throw rocks at her freaking window, that shit’s romantic right?” I advise.

                “How the hell am I supposed to plan something romantic?” he exclaims. “Have you forgotten last time didn’t go so well?”