Chapter 13- New Beginnings

Asher’s POV:

                We’ve been sitting on the swing in silence for a while, who knows what London’s thinking about. I can’t bring myself to believe what she told me or maybe I don’t want to believe that she could seize to exist. London really is like my sister and I don’t even what to think about what will happen if I lose her too, no wonder Avery is very protective.

                “Uhm, London, what do you have? I mean do you know if you can get treated or something? Maybe we can get through this,” I suggest. I don’t know how Aiden will handle the news when she finally tells him the reason for pushing him away. I’m caught very much off guard when she begins to laugh her ass off. I mean she dropped to the ground laughing.

                “You think I’m sick,” she manages in between fits of laughter. What the hell is wrong with this chick? She’s the one who told me she was practically dying. 

                “That is what you told me,” I tell her raising my eyebrows at her reaction. She’s finally able to get up and sits beside me once again.

                “No Asher, I said I’m going to die. I never said I was dying or that I was sick,” she says shaking her head.

                “Then what’s going on?”

                “You know, you’re not the only person to lose a sister. Before I moved here I used to have a sister matter of fact she’s the reason we moved. She was two years older than me, her name was Ally. She was beautiful, protective, never left me hanging. I used to be so different when I was eight, well my first months before I moved here. I used to be trusting, my biggest flaw and I will never let myself forget it. A couple of houses down from us an older kid used to live there, he was seventeen years old. Whenever I was alone he used to play with me or read to me about different places that’s where my obsession with France began, I was fascinated by the imagery I received from stories. He is the reason I became fascinated by reading, I use it to escape reality. One day, Ally and I were walking to the ice cream shop, it was her treat. Shane appeared out of nowhere and asked me to go with him. He had a new book for me to read. I begged and pleaded Ally to accompany me she who was cautious finally consented. It’s my fault she’s not here anymore,” she began to cry once again. I wrapped my arms around her not being able to believe that she’s crying she’s usually too strong to cry.

                “He began to lead us to the tree house we usually went to in the woods but he took us to a house instead. I thought that it was just our new place. I had stepped forward to admire the inside, there were so many books. I only had time to turn around when Ally screamed and I only saw the rag he had on her mouth before she fell unconscious, I was so scared. I tried to run but he caught me and subdued me as well. When we woke up we were tied up in a corner, I began to cry I was too scared. Ally who was always stronger than me only had silent tears running down her face. I scooted closer and kept apologizing because it was my fault but being the exceptional person she was she told me not to blame myself to be strong and that as soon as we got out she’d take me for all the ice cream I wanted. Two weeks had passed and we were running out of hope, I began to think no one was looking for us. I had already begun accustomed to the dingy place with that clustered smell of abandonment. I was already used to the cramps in my muscles from being in that tied up position. He had already broken me and I was growing sick.

                One day, he came in and grabbed me. I was so weak. I didn’t even have the strength to stand up. I was too young to realize what he was planning to do with me but Ally had caught on. She screamed at him to let me go and take her instead because I was too sick anyways. Reluctantly he agreed and grabbed her. I should’ve fought more, I should’ve struggled for a couple more moments,” London’s broken by now and all I can do is hold her.