Time of Angels (pt 2)

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Amy seemed excited at learning this new information. "So, what happens if they stare at each other?"

"They die." The Doctor finished bluntly, walking out of the trailer, River following him out with a device in her hand. Amy stayed inside, and I knew that this was it. I wanted to tell Amy to go out and tell River I was going to do the stupid thing now, but I was afraid that the weeping angel would hear. Could weeping angels even hear? I couldn't remember anything from my locket about the weeping angels, so everything I knew about them, I knew from the show.

I looked around the mess of supplies scattered around the desks for a paper and something to write with, and thankfully, I found someone's notes.

I took the paper and scribbled a quick note for her and handed the paper to Amy. "What's this? Passing notes?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "I need you to go out there and give this to River." I folded the paper and shoved it in her hand this time.

"She's just right out there, you know." She stated wearily. I took her by the shoulders and spun her around towards the door.

"I know, but I need to be here."

Amy gave me one last worried look before shrugging and turning out the door.

888

"I found this. Definitive work on the Angels. Well, the only one. Written by a madman, it's barely readable, but I've marked a few passages." River Song told the Doctor, handing him an old book. The Doctor quickly flipped through the pages and finished reading it in a matter of seconds.

"Hmm. Not bad, bit slow in the middle. Didn't you hate his girlfriend? No, hang on, wait, wait, wait!" The Doctor sniffed the book as Amy approached them, puzzled.

"Did you just read the entire book like that?"

"Yes," He replied, with an obvious tone to his voice. "But this book is wrong! What's wrong with this book? It's wrong." He figured rapidly.

"Oh, it's so strange when you go all baby-face. You don't know who I am yet, do you?" River smirked at the Doctor, observing him as he examined each page of the book slowly, sniffing it and feeling it. Thanks to Nova's warning from the future, River was able to figure out that this was early for the Doctor, also.

"How do you know who I am? I don't always look the same. And how do you know Nova?" He asked her, while still intently studying the book.

"Nova is a different story," she raised her eyebrows and sighed, getting a little distracted at the memory. "But I've got pictures of all your faces. You never show up in the right order though. I need the spotter's guide..."

"—Pictures. Why aren't there pictures?" The Doctor realized, after listening to only half of River's sentence.

Amy shook her head at him and tapped River on the arm, handing her the note Nova gave her. "Dr. Song, a message."

888

When I turned back to the angel, its face was already uncovered. When I turned to grab the remote control to the monitor, I looked back to see it was already facing me with its arms open.

"Okay," I said aloud, still not too sure whether or not the angel could hear me. "I really hope this works."

I pointed the remote at the screen and turned it off at a random point, and sure enough the monitor only shut down for just a second to blink back to life, the angel still staring at me. I fought to keep my eyes open and did the one thing that no one should do when facing a weeping angel, but I knew that I had to, or else things wouldn't work out right. I was already making a stretch by taking Amy's place in this trailer, so if I didn't get affected the same way she did, the timelines might turn out to be so different that more people would get hurt than what the universe had originally planned. I was doing this in the first place because I planned for less people to get hurt, so I couldn't mess up.