*Prologue*

*STARS MEANS UPDATED*

Dakota's Pov:

Being a freak is hard enough, but being a freak with a secret? Even harder.

Now before I rant on about how cliche my school is with the populars, and the nerds, I should tell you a bit about myself.

Dakota King is the name, and unless your name is Sierra Knight, you probably don't know me. During the day, I'm an everyday average nerd with no family. Night time is a completely different story.

You know every story where the nerdy girl turns out to be some badass gang leader? I'm not a gang leader. Or maybe a super cool ninja assassin. Not an assassin either. Of course I really don't want be even more cliché and say that I'm a street fighter, but I'm a street fighter.

Now not to brag or anything, but I'm kind of a big deal on the streets. They don't call me Clovis for nothing.

Both of my parents were murdered by a gang leader they call him. It wasn't my fault, and it definitely wasn't theirs. I had an uncle, whom I was close to when I was young, that got into some trouble with his gang. My uncle refused to pay a large debt, and now he is out to get our family and everyone we care for.

I remember the night my family was killed. Not only the people I was related to, but also my best friends' family was put to death. By the time I got Sierra out, it was to late to save them.

I've learnt to deal with the guilt by shoving my emotions away. Most would say that I'm being immature and that I just need to face it like a man, but this is just my way of dealing with things.

We've been on the run for 3 years, almost 4 now. I'm turning 18 in a few months and I'm going to take advantage of that and leave the country with my best friend Sierra.

Now that you know what's happened, there's no going back.