9. Kisses.

I turned to look at him, but the moment my eyes locked on his worry look I turn my look to my feet. I knew he could tell I was crying. My eyes say make that obvious. I could lie and say that is allergies but he will never believe me. Beside a have to talk with him about this right now, otherwise I will never do it.

I made my choice. I had been hurt so many times in my life before. I had so many hurtful people in my life, which didn't care enough about me. I came here to let all of that on the past. To have a new beginning. If I let Cage stay in my life, even as friends, I would end up hurt. And I'll be back at the beginning.

I have to tell him to never talk to me again. And then start to avoid him, cutting him out of my life. I'm surprise of how much the thought hurts. But I know it's for the best.

He taps my chin, so my eyes meet his again. His face it's relaxed, yet worry. When he speaks his voice is calm and quiet, like he is trying not to scare me.

- What happen?

- Nothing. - I lie, my voice cracking.

- You know you can tell me. - He tries to comfort me moving his hand throw my hair.

I don't know why I even try. I have to tell him. I mean I could tell him a lie and push him away later, but I'm pretty sure he's not the kind of guy that will leave me alone if I do that. I have to tell him the truth. Probably, if he knows that I have feelings for him that will send him running on the other direction.

- Let's sit. - I say going to sit on my bed.

He follows me, and sit right beside me, so close that we almost touch. I take a big breath and close my eyes.

- Did someone upset you? - He says at the same time I start talking.

- I don't think we could be friends. I don't think I can be your friend. I just know I'm going to end up hurt. I came here looking for peace. You can even imagine how painful and complicated my life was. Still is. And I'm trying to make it better. I have enough rejection and pain for ten life times. And then I met you... I know it's not fair that I blame you, you didn't do nothing but been friendly to me. But I guess the lack of love and interest that I felt in my life got me confused. I know it's ridiculous. I don't even know you, but... I like you. And I know I'm not your type. And you'll never want to be anything but friends. And I can't be just that, because in my heart you'll always be more. And I can't really put myself throw that. - I say in a rush not stopping.

I kept my eyes on the floor throw all my speech. He didn't say anything or move. I start getting real conscious of myself. Of what I just say. I slowly moved my gaze to him. He was looking at me with an intense gaze. I swallow loudly, and try to look back to the floor but he put his hands on both sides of my face. And speak really slowly, all the while looking at my eyes.

- First of all, I don't know what made you run away crying on the game. Obviously has something to do with me. I want you to tell me what it was. Was it Hillary? You got worry, or something, because I was talking to her?

He waited patiently until I answer.

- If Hillary It's the blond cheerleader who wrapped her arms around you, then yes.

- You were jealous. But, why, though? Couldn't you see how uncomfortable I was?

- Why would you be uncomfortable? She is beautiful. - I say in a whisper.

- You are beautiful. She is annoying. - Unconsciously I smile at his words, and he smiles back at me. - And back to what you say. You are wrong. I don't see you just as a friend. I thought that that was pretty clear when I flirted with you every time we saw each other. I even try to kiss you the first time I saw you, remember? - I try to speak but he moved a finger to my lips, his other hand still on my face. - You know, I understand what you say. It's really crazy, because we don't know each other that much. But I do like you. More than I like any of the other girls I do know. I don't know what it is. But something about you, the way it feels talking to you, been around you. It's just... relaxing. I don't know why, doesn't make any sense, but I can't stop smiling every time that I as much as think of you. Which happen more often that what I like to admit? - He pauses, and looks in to my eyes searching for something. - So.

- So?

He smiles at me, and start to close his face to mine. We are so close now that his nose touches mine, I can feel his breath on my lips. I bite my bottom lip, and he gasp. He closes the space between us giving me a long sweet kiss. I kiss him back for a while, and then he takes a step back still smiling at me. I give him a shy smile in return.

- So, can we try to be more than friends? - He finally finishes his sent.

I give a nervous laugh.

- We don't even know each other!

- Well, that's the whole point of dating, isn't it?

I think for a minute. He looks at me with expectation. Oh, the hell if I could say no to that face.

- Fine. Let's date and get to know each other.

His smile turns so big that I'm afraid his face is going to break in half. He kiss me again. I laugh at him, kissing him back.

I know this is probably a terrible idea. I will end up with my heart broken, I'm sure of it. But I couldn't say no to him, and I can't deny the joy that brings me to see the happiness on his face when I agree. Plus, I really like the kissing thing.

:qV