Chapter 50: Settling The Score

Start from the beginning

'How did Sasuke know I'm here? Unless... Ugh I can't believe I forgot that they're already in motion from jumping so even if I use my kekkei genkai I can't stop them now!'

Not even a second after I figure it out, Sasuke and Naruto collide and I get thrown backwards from the shockwave of their jutsus. Once the shockwave ends I get up and run over to where the boys are.

"Hey, are you guys okay?"

I ask, but I get no response since they've knocked each other out. Both of them have lost their dominant arm and are badly injured. I begin to heal them, and of course I start healing Sasuke first. After a few minutes Naruto stirs for a moment before opening his eyes.

"Ugh, I guess that Sasuke has gotten a lot stronger since the last time we fought."

"I suppose he has, but both of you have definitely gotten a lot stupider."

​​​​​​"Yeah you're right we have gotten- Wait, Lily, what do you mean by that?!"

"I mean that both you and Sasuke are stupid because instead of taking when you guys are in an argument, you both fight each other. If that isn't dumb than I don't know what is."

"I guess you're right about that, but that's just how we are. Ever since we were kids all we did was try to one up each other. Well it was actually me trying to catch up to Sasuke, but don't tell him I said that."

"Heh, don't worry your secret is safe with me."

​​​​​​"Thanks, Lily."

I nod before turning my focus back to healing Sasuke. While I'm healing him, Sasuke begins to stir.

​​​​​​"He's waking up, Naruto."

"Took him long enough... Hey, Lily. Could you leave for a little bit so I can talk to Sasuke?"

"I guess I could, but talking means words only. So no more fighting. Does that sound fair?"

​​​​​​"You're not gonna give a choice, so yeah I guess that's fine."

"I won't go too far, so yell at me when you're done."

Naruto nods as I stand up and leave.

​(Sasuke's P.O.V​​​​​)

"Ouch..."

"​Finally you're awake.​​​​​"

Naruto says as soon as I wake up.

"Why do you keep getting in my way, Naruto? I fell into darkness and gained powers to cut down people in my way. It didn't matter who'd I'd have to cut ties with to achieve my goal, but you never even thought about cutting ties with me. Why do you care so much about me, Naruto?"

"It's because you're my firend. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's just that when I hear you going on about having to carry everything on your shoulders. I can kinda feel the pain of it too. It hurts so much and there's no way I can ignore it! I can't even move now and I wanted to punch you until you opened your eyes once and for all!"

​​​​​​"Do you still want to fight in your condition?"

​​​​​​"Of course! I'm not giving up until-"

​​​​​​"No need, Naruto. I'll admit it. I lost."

"Don't be stupid! I'm not doing this just to be the winner, I'm doing is to knock some sense into you!"

"Just shut up, I finally acknowledged you so take it. If I die now, the destiny that had been attached to us will end. That would be revolutionary too. After I die you can break the Infinite Tsukuyomi by transplanting my left eye into Kakashi."

​​​​​​"Quit saying that you're gonna die! You can't do anything when you're dead! We need you alive, Sasuke!"

​"Nobody besides you wants that, Naruto...."

​​​​​​"Don't be stupid! Have you forgotten about Lily?! Lily wants you to live so much more than I do! You called out to her right before our jutsus hit, right? She came because of you, not me. And you're willing to just throw that all away?"

​​​​​​'That's right, Lily was here earlier... Ugh I'm so stupid for forgetting about her feelings.'

​​​​​​"Naruto, where is Lily?"

​​​​​​"Hmm? Oh, I asked her to give us some alone time so I could talk to you. Lily said that she wouldn't be far so I could yell to her when we were done. Do you want her to come back?"

"Yeah."

I say with a slight nod since I couldn't move much. Naruto gives a cheesy grin before calling her back. After a couple of minutes, Lily walks up to us.

​​​​​​"You done talking?"

"Yeah, so could you get back to healing us?"

"Heh, sure, Naruto."

Lily kneels in between our heads and starts healing us both at the same time.

​​​​​​"Hey, Lily?"

​​​​​​"Hmm? What is it, Sasuke?"

​​​​​​"I'm, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. You've done nothing, but support me and I haven't treated you right."

​​​​​​"It's in the past, Sasuke, so forget about it. Instead focus on the future. Breaking the Infinite Tsukuyomi and letting everyone else have a real future would be nice too...."

Naruto and I both laugh before nodding.

​​​​​​"Good, now let's go! You're both okay for the time being, but make sure you guys go to the hospital afterwards."

"Yes, ma'am."

We both mumble as Lily helps us stand up and we're both leaning on her shoulders. We use our good arms to make handsigns and we release everyone.