Interrogation

FADE IN:

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM

A SUSPECT, young Caucasian woman in her early 20s, is seated alone in an interrogation room at the local precinct. She holds a cup of coffee between her hands and stares blankly at it. After a moment, a male DETECTIVE enters holding a case file.

SUSPECT

Am I under arrest?

DETECTIVE

No. I just had a few questions for you regarding one of your classmates, Jack Dover.

SUSPECT

What do you want to know?

DETECTIVE

We have witnesses who claim to have seen you at a party with Jack the night he was murdered. Can you confirm that?

SUSPECT

I was at the party, but I wasn't with him.

DETECTIVE

Before we proceed, I'd like to remind you that you have the right to have an attorney present.

SUSPECT

I don't have anything to hide.

DETECTIVE

What was your relationship with the victim?

SUSPECT

We didn't have a relationship. I barely knew him.

DETECTIVE

Multiple witnesses claim you and Jack were close.

SUSPECT

I wouldn't call it that.

DETECTIVE

Then what would you call it?

SUSPECT

I've seen him around at a few parties. He tried to get with me and I refused.

DETECTIVE

Is it true that you two had an argument on the night of his death?

SUSPECT

I didn't know he would be there. He approached me when I tried to go and I told him to leave me alone. He grabbed my arm and I pushed him away.

DETECTIVE

Can anyone corroborate that?

SUSPECT

There were a lot of people around. I'm sure the same witnesses you've been talking to can confirm that's what happened.

DETECTIVE

You see, we have witnesses who insist you confronted him yet you're telling me something completely different.

SUSPECT