Chp 16. I Do Not Swim

My phone started to play a special ringtone Lizzy recorded on my phone.

"Its Lizzy calling and if you don't pick up your phone at once Cassandra I will hunt you down and tickle you!" Out of all the ringtones on my phone she decided to make her own. By the time I had gotten to my phone it had played this ringtone three times already.

"Hi Lizzy," I sighed answering the phone.

"Took you long enough, you know I meant it when I made that recording of my voice. I will hunt you down," Lizzy threatened.

"It's not much of a threat if I'm not really ticklish," I smiled walking into the bathroom. Today Kelly and I went running for an hour and I smelt icky and felt sticky.

"I didn't know! Most people have a ticklish spot somewhere," Lizzy exclaimed over the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry I'm not ticklish anywhere."

"So Sam came home the other night and he seemed...well upset," Lizzy brought up.

I moaned inwardly, "I'm sure it had nothing to do with his date."

"Wait date? I didn't say anything about a date," Lizzy said.

I slapped myself, twice in the head.

"Cassandra...what's your middle name?" Lizzy asked.

"Melanie," I replied hesitantly.

"Cassandra Melanie Draper what happened?" Lizzy demanded.

"Nothing," I squeaked.

"You're such a liar! Tell me right now or I will hunt you down and do...well I don't know what I'll do but I'll do it!" Lizzy threatened.

I sat on the edge of my bathtub, "We may or may not have ran into each other the other night."

"So why would that make him upset?" Lizzy pestered.

"Well I was there on a date with some guy and he was there on a date with some lady. We bumped into each other at the bathroom said some things and I left," I quickly spoke.

"Ugh...you're not going to tell me what you two said are you?" Lizzy asked.

"Nope," I answered.

"First off I told him going on that date was a bad idea, but one of his guy friends Steven-"

It's always Steven. Why is Sam friends with this guy?

"-Asked Sam if he'd do him a favor by asking his sister out on a date so they went on the date and the girl ended up asking him out on a second date which was the one you witnessed the other night. The only reason he went to such a nice place was because she was paying even though he hated it. I mean my brother is too nice for his own good I mean...whoa look at me rambling on. Anyways now that that's cleared up I was wondering if you'd want to come swimming with me today?" Lizzy asked quickly changing the subject.

Water plus me equals drowning, I don't know how to swim and I'm afraid of water; I know I'm pathetic. "I don't swim Lizzy."

"You live in Florida now you're going to have to get over it," Lizzy exclaimed.

"Not only do I not want to swim I can't swim," I explained to her.

"What? Then I'll teach you!" Lizzy explained excitedly.

"No," I said out flatly.

"Why?" Lizzy asked.

"I have my reasons," I replied knowing I couldn't tell her.

"Cassandra Melanie Draper don't you dare keep secrets from me! If you don't tell me right now I won't talk to you ever again and-"

"I'm afraid of the water!" I clamped my hand over my mouth. I wanted her to shut up but not tell her my sad secret.