"The park. Pleas hurry! Calum! ", she yells and hangs up on me.

"Damn. ", I groan and stand up.

"What is going on? ", Laura frowns as I pick up my shorts and pull it up my legs.

Courtney is practically invisible, she always buries her face under the cover when she sleeps. Something about fear of darkness? She thinks she's safer underneath the blanket. She's always been such a kid.

"Calum is in trouble. ", I whisper. "Actually, he's not in trouble. He's the trouble here. "

"Remind me who's Calum? ", she says equally as quietly and pulls the thin blanket off of her body. Nice, Laura, nice. A tank top and a short shorts.

Doesn't she have mercy for my dick?

Apparently not.

"My friend. The red head. ", I explain.

Laura uses her arms to subtly cover her chest when she realizes my eyes are scanning it and I look away and scratch the back of my neck.

I push my phone inside of the front pocket of my yellow shorts and glance at Courtney. Well, at the blanket she's covered with.

"Stay here and don't wake Court. ", I command and tip toe out of the room.

I go downstairs and approach the front door. After putting on the sneakers, I slowly unlock it and walk out of the house.

"Wait! ", somebody yells from behind me as I begin to speed up.

I'm being turned around and my eyes meet hers in an anxious collision. Didn't she hear what I told her to do?

"What are you doing out here? ", that shorts is not good for my health. I think I'm going to need some dick-surgery.

I'm lucky that she has decided to put on her blouse with longer sleeves over the tank top. Running my fingers over my hair, I watch her approach me.

"I'm going with you. "

"No. Laura, you need to stay at Courtney's. Imagine what your dad would do to me if he found out we were wandering around the city at three in the morning all alone, trying to find my friend who's currently fighting some douches. I don't want to disappoint him. ", admittance that leaves this shitty mouth of mines seems to have intrigued her.

"Why do you even care so much? He could give less shit about you and stuff. He'd just slap me a few times, repeat the talk about how I shouldn't go anywhere without his permission over and over again and punish me for a day or two. It's no big deal. ", Laura shrugs.

"Laura. Mr. Marano saved me from those tormenting dicks back then and I owe it to him not to disappoint him. ", I glance down at the small scar on my wrist.

They burned my skin with a cigarette while I was asleep. It hurt so bad, it is especially painful to a seven years old boy whose fear only adds up to the physical pain.

"I don't care. I'm going to the park and you may as well join me if you want. Dad won't even find out. ", her confidence is so strong as she walks past me and hurried down the street.

"Fine. ", I snap and follow her. "Bitch. ", I murmur to myself and she eyes me closely before rolling her eyes.

"You are the most interesting and obnoxious person at the same time. ", Laura remarks.

"Why thank you. Will you now get your ass to move faster because this is an emergency? "

"Hey. You try having short legs and we'll see how fast you are gonna run. "