Chapter 65

(Comment your favorite line!)
.
.
.

Present

"It was my first guitar. You two got it for me. ", I explain with a harsh intake of breath.

Laura is staring at me as if I've lost my mind. The way her lips have turned blue from the coldness drives me crazy and I'm about to attack Diego and kill him for doing it this way. Out in the cold.

"Yeah. That's when you wrote your first songs as in 'Always', 'All About The Girl', 'Can't Get Enough Of You', 'Ready, Set, Rock' and 'Never'. ", Luke reminds me what was going on until the end of the summer and I nod and pull my girl to my chest.

"Why can't I remember? ", Laura's voice is shaky and I can tell she's trying hard not to sob. Sympathy in my eyes is clear as I kiss her forehead.

Shit. My ass and feet are freezing out here. Wearing no underwear on winter is such a stupid fucking idea and plus, I'm standing on these fucking slippers that are two times smaller than my feet. On the snow.

"Because Ross screw you up. He was the only one to blame. You could've ended up dead because of his temper just like every other person in that car crash. ", Diego snaps.

Heavy sound of a bullet being shot towards the sky echoes through the woods and I turn Laura away from him.

"You do realize I will fucking kill you after this? ", he growls and directs his gun towards me.

My mouth falls slightly open and before I realize what I'm doing, I push Laura towards Luke who catches her in his arms and turn to face Diego.

"Get away from here. ", I tell three of them behind me.

"But... ", Ryland protests and I give him a glare.

"I said get away. "

"No one is going anywhere. ", Diego shouts at us and shots once again. This time, it wasn't the sky who was wounded. Bullet ran past me in a split second and hit Ryland. My eyes go wide at the sight of my brother barely breathing.

"Fuck. ", Luke curses and pushes Laura onto the backseat of his van.

"Ryland! ", I yell, watching him hold his stomach with blood over his hands and his jaw snapped open.

He shots again and hits him again and I scream, running towards Diego who was only a few feet away and knocking him to the ground.

"Ross. ", Ryland breathes and I hear the shifting behind me but don't bother to look.

"Go! ", I tell them while holding Diego's hands pinned to the ground beneath me.

"Ross, no! Let me go! He will kill him. ", Laura's begging voice runs through my mind and I take in another breath.

"You're too weak to purposely kill a man, Ross. ", Diego challenges me with a small smile.

I'm fuming. He shot my freaking brother and he's telling me I can't kill a man? Maybe not a man but him is who I can murder in a split second.

"You wouldn't want to go to jail again and leave your precious Laura all alone, would you? ", smirk doesn't wipe off of his face and something inside of me clicks.