Chapter 66

I scroll down my messages with Luke and just laugh when I remember how we got all muddy pushing his car from that shitty and huge ass puddle. It's been raining for awhile now and it's past midnight. Hell, I don't even know what time it is but I do know Court and Laur are both asleep and I'm here, awake on the floor, trying to solve the problem if it's worth it to get up and pee.

Raindrops lazily hit the window outside and I just stare through it. The rain calms me down in this weird and unexplainable way. It is truly relatable how the water falling from the sky is pure, so pure and clean but when it hits the dirty ground, it loses its inncence and beauty and becomes nothing but a puddle of fucking mud.

I had dozens of missed calls from mom and dad and my siblings but I didn't bother to answer them. I'm happier here, as far from mom and dad as I can possibly be. I just.. I sometimes have a strong feeling that I'm actually adopted. I know it's not true but I can't help but feel as if I don't belong with the Lynches.

My phone is left on the small nightstand next to me and I look up to see Laura's sleepy face through the darkness. Her and Courtney are sharing the bed and Mr. Eaton has barely let me sleep in his house so I better not complain about the floor. I don't mind even. I can fall asleep on whatever surface they put me on.

Her lips are slightly parted and long lashes are protecting the top of her cheeks as she breathes slowly. I admire the way waves of her hair fall across the top of her back. I've always liked to sleep in that position, too. You know, the one where your stomach is pressed against the mattress, one leg bent on the knee area and arms wrapped around the pillow.

I could never sleep on my back, facing the ceiling. It just doesn't feel natural. What am I supposed to do with my legs then? Just hold them open as if I'm getting ready to get a blowjob or some shit? Hah. No.

Although, a blowjob would be nice.

Why the hell am I thinking of getting a blowjob while staring at Laura's lips?

They're just so perfectly plump and pink and flawless.

Okay.. I think I'm going to need a Bible and holy water because with these thoughts I surely won't be allowed in church anytime soon.

"Why are you staring at me like that? ", Laura's perfect mouth suddenly whispers, making me slightly jump and break from my trance.

"I was just thinking. ", I admit.

"About? ", she presses quietly.

"About.. ", I begin, not even knowing how to finish but my phone interrupts me with aa buzz.

"Who can it be at this time? ", brunette asks and amusingly glances at my crap of a phone. I roll my eyes and finally look at the ID.

"Why is Raini calling me? ", my brow raises and I answer her finally.

"Ross! ", she squeaks and I lean the weight of my head onto my palm, having my elbow pressed against the floor to keep my balance. My fingers run through my messed up hair and I lick my lips to make them less dry. It's such an awful feeling when you wake up or talk for a very long time and your mouth feels like you've eaten dozens of hot sand.

"Why are you calling so late? Or early? Whatever. "

"I need help. Calum's got into a fight. Please, he just won't stop! He's fighting two guys at once. ", she breathes heavily and my eyes widen as I sit up.

Since when is he that type of a kid? I barely hear him curse let alone see him harass somebody.

"What did you say? Where to? ", I uncover myself and curse under my breath when I realize I'm in my boxers and Laura is awake.