The staff then rolled in my mini drum set. My Dad doesn't even know I play the drums. I only learned how to play it when I befriend the owners of the music store I frequently went to, since then, they let me practice every afternoon in their music room.

"I'm going to play a classic. Hope you like it." I started.

"Charmaine, you have 1 minute. Go!" All of the hosts cued me.

I listen to the intro of Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now and started my beats. I only learned drums by myself and I hope I won't have any mistakes.

I'm sorry Daddy. I know you'll get mad at me but this is what I want to do. I know that there is a reason why you never showed me your world but your passion is also mine Daddy. I want to make other people happy. I know you just want to protect me from the harsh world of showbiz but I think I can handle myself like what you always say, I'm a smart kid.

I ended up with my final combo and I heard silence. I'm already done with my performance and even the audience is just staring at me. Is there something wrong? Oh no, is my performance that bad that they don't have a reaction at all?

"Hindi niya lang kamukha nanay niya, pati talent namana niya.." I heard someone said on the sides. I searched for the person in my right and while I was distracted, a loud noise came from the audience, they are going crazy! Seriously, what's happening?

Now, I know, JoWaPao is behind my back and they were smiling. Wow, the legend after TVJ. I only meet them at formal parties so I don't know how to address them.

"Pasok na tong batang to!" Sir- err uhh Uncle Jose said to the audience.

"Ay, may pinagmanahan yung bata." Uncle Paolo mysteriously commented. Pinagmanahan? Hindi naman marunong tumugtog ng any instrument si Daddy ah.

"Sorry Dabarkads pero para sa aming tatlo, pasok na siya. Kitang-kita naman po diba?" Uncle Wally told the audience and they answered with the big yes! I can't believe it! It's my chance to train and if pass I will be a superstar soon!

________________________________________________________________________________

Flight PSJ 6548 Bound to the Philippines, 2031

I can't forget the face of my mom when I left but I know the moment she knew I shed a tear she will drag me back to our house. I have to be tough in front of her. She was trying to hold back her tears but when I was starting to walk away and took the last look at my mom, she was crying so hard that it looks like I'm going to kill myself or this plane will crash—I hope not.

One of the most famous talent agency, Triple A contacted me and asked me if they want me to audition for a slot in their one month talent training. Of course I said yes. They discovered my silly videos I put on my youtube channel. I hope mom doesn't know about it. I sent my audition video and they said, I got in. The first person I told about the offer was Tita-Ninang Coleen and at first, she was worried. I know, mom tried show business before and I assumed it didn't went well and left. We never really talked about her past. 

Our school have different partners around the world. They have a program where they send their foreign students to their home land for a month to explore and learn their own culture, and take classes from our partner school in that country which happens every month. It is the same thing as an exchange program but it is more on learning the country with only limited time. I find it the perfect excuse to finally go to the Philippines. I asked my Tita-Ninang Colleen to help me convince my Mom about it and now, here I am.

Only Tita-Ninang and I knows about our plan and the rest of the family thought I'll be roaming around and attending classes.

My Tita-Ninang is also my best friend next to mom so the things I can't say to her, I say it to my Tita-Ninang but the "father topic" is off-limits. Everybody doesn't want to talk about it, they always tell me that it's better if my mom would personally discuss it with me.

_______________________________________________________________________________

NAIA Terminal 1 2031

I don't know why I agreed to this crazy idea of Channy. She has always been an adventurous kid but I can't believe she will go to the extent of coming here just for a talent training. She could always go and train in New York, why does she have to come here where everything is finally at peace. I don't want chaos, ayaw ko ng gulo but something inside me is trying to say that it's enough, that everything is enough. The family gave Meng the chance to run-away for 11 years, it's time to face the problem. Yes, we hate RJ for what he did to Maine and their family but it was Maine who left. Everything was such a blur back then that I don't even remember everything that happened or rather I really don't know what happened. We just saw a crying Maine in our doorstep in Bulacan with a our 1 year-old Maicha, one night. She badly needed to go out the country and leave everything behind. Without even knowing her reason, we booked a ticket to New York and helped her with everything. Nanay and Tatay tried to talk to her about the family and career she left here but she refused to talk to everyone who brings up the topic, she just shuts everyone out. And up until now, the family only knows tidbits of information about what really happened that night.

"Tita-Ninang?" someone caught my attention.

"Baby Maicha, you're finally here!!" I went to hug my favourite baby girl, I only have boys kasi.

"Tita-Ninang,  Channy nalang po. Mas cute po yun kesa sa Maicha." She pouted.

"Aba, when did you learn to speak in tagalog? You know these words na. And what happened to your hair? Your brown hair looked good on you." I'm amused, my niece is so cute with her new black ombre hair with the pink ends. She really looks like her mother but that smile and that dimple on her left cheek is the same as her dad's.

"I just want to stand out the moment I enter the training." She smiled. I can see she's so excited with this and I hope she's able to find her father on her own.

"C'mon, let's go straight to their building, you're staying in their dormitories right?" I said while getting her luggage.

"Yes, we will. Oh Tita-Ninang, I hope they will like me."

"And they will my dear, don't worry about it." I don't know what Mr. T is up to but I hope it's good.