Gifts

{(A/N): I mention some goreish stuff in this chapter. You have been warned.}

It had been a week since you moved in with John and Sherlock. Everything was well. No letters from Moriarty, you got your first paycheck, and you were overall happy. Until, that is, you caught a cold.

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...."

"(Y/n) stop groaning. You will probably be fine next week... probably." said Sherlock. You looked at him with annoyance. What a jerk, you thought. "We have a case by the way... not too interesting just a man died in a field, mysteriously. A client came in while you were napping and told us about it."

"Great I'll come." you said while getting up. Just then John came in. He has been quiet protective and strict on what you could and couldn't do. "No, (Y/n), you are not coming. I forbid it."

"What? I am not that sick, it's just a cold. Also, I am an adult John."

"Well, I am a doctor. You could spread your cold so, stay here. Don't worry we aren't leaving you alone." John started chuckling after saying the last sentence. Oh god, who is going to "babysit" me. Sherlock just started laughing and smiling evilly. "Okay, first, I am an adult. Two who?"

Knock, knock. Oh, no. Please no. "Hello brother mine. So you've finally excepted my case?" Sherlock just walked passed Mycroft leaving John to explain. "Actually, (Y/n) has a cold would you mind caring for her. Okay thank you." Without another word John left. Great. 

"What... just..." Mycroft cleared his throat and looked at me with a blank expression. "Tea?" You nod your head and went to change. You put on your stitch (Lelo and stitch) blue sweater, with black skinny jeans, and white convers. When you walked back to sit on the couch your tea was on the coffee table.

"Thank you." you said. He hummed in response. Should I say something? "So... how is being apart of the British Government going?"

He looked at you with a different expression, but you couldn't figure out what he was feeling or looking at you with. Anger? Sadness? Happiness? 

"Very well thank you for asking. How is being a surgeon?" He asked.

"Um... To be honest, boring. A lot of people whom I work with are slow and annoying, to an extent. However, they are kind and good people," You chuckled remembering how Molly had tried to ask Sherlock out once and fail. "And I love them." Mycroft looked you right in the eyes.

"Well. Aren't you lucky."

"Why am I lucky?" You asked with a chuckle and a cough.

"You're lucky you're adorable enough so people are nice to you. Others are dangerous and rude, but you live with my brother, so you're probably used to rude idiots."

You laughed and shook your head. This is an interesting conversation. "Well you're lucky too. Even though they may tease you, Sherlock and John are your friends... they love you in a special way. And maybe, if it's okay with you, I could be your friend also."

He scoffed. "I will gladly be friends with you, but them. I'd rather not." You let out another laugh. And then you saw it. An actual smile, not a sarcastic one, but a meaningful smile. You accidentally gasped "You smiled a happy smile! You silly man, you should smile like that more." he shook his head. He was about to say something else when there was a knock at the door with a panting Mrs. Huddson. 

"(Y/n) dear, you have some packages. I'll leave them at the door."

That's weird... I didn't order anything. You walked to the door and opened it to find an envelope and two boxes wrapped in purple wrapping paper with navy blue ribbons. They were quite pretty. You picked up the envelope and gifts and brought them in. Opening the envelope you instantly recognized the hand writing. 

Dear (Y/n),

Hello my Queen. I've gotten you some presents to help you get to know me, kitten. If you open the big box you will find a gift to show you, if you listen and do good you will be rewarded.

You unwrapped the first box and opened it. "Oh my gosh!" you said smiling. You found a baby kitten inside with a bow around its neck. It was a pure white cat with blue eyes and a pick nose. She was perfect. Mycroft saw the kitten. "Who sent you that?" he looked at the kitten like he had just seen a sewer rat. You froze remembering who sent you this little angel. You started to continue reading the letter.

Now, [Redacted]. Open the smaller box. It will remind you that if you [Redacted], things and people you love will get hurt.

You froze and slowly opened the smaller box. You gasped and grabbed you white kitten and shielded it's innocent eyes from the horror of what was in the box. There was a dead black cat with it's eyes scooped from its head and its eye lids cut off. Tears were coming to your eyes and you turned to see Mycroft whom looked disgusted and surprised. You went to your room quickly to place the kitten on your bed, and then back to finish the letter. While making your way back to the living-room, Mycroft suddenly [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]  "I took care of it so forget about what you saw." he let go and you nodded, grabbing the letter and forgot Mycroft just hugged you.

I hope you loved your presents [REDACTED]. I'll see you soon my queen. Also remember darling, I am always watching you.

XOXOXOXXXXXX  

Love,

Moriarty

You couldn't hear anything Mycroft was trying to say. Then world seemed to stop moving. You were completely in your thoughts. 

This man seemed to be obsessed with you. He was enamored. And a powerful, intelligent, strong criminal. Like a bomb waiting to explode. He was a king and you were his soon to be, chained queen.

 You were soon snapped out of your thoughts by John shining a light in your eyes.

"(Y/n) can you hear me? You need to answer."

You looked at him, Sherlock, and Mycroft. Blinking a couple of times you answered John. "You guys are home?" Sherlock's eyes widened and he swiftly moved to sit next to you on the couch. "Listen to me, and listen to me well. No person, nor anything will hurt you while I'm with you." You looked at him with sadness in your eyes. "Sherlock... Thank you." You started to get up and go to your room when suddenly the door opened. You froze in place, like a car approaching a deer. Fear started to climb up your spine with its cold hands, pulling at your muscles. 

"Hello kitten."