He pulled his head away and looked back at his sister, with his arms still tightly wrapped around her body; allowing what felt like a cold breeze to hit Riley's neck. In the pit of her stomach, she felt like a butterfly had awaken as she missed his warmth.

"We won't be playing, Rosie. We have school work to do."

Rosie looked at the two curiously, biting the inside of her cheek. "Could we play for a little bit?"

The protesting against it began to slip out of Lucas' mouth. With every reason he sent to her as to why they couldn't play at the exact moment, the more the corner of her lips would turn down and the sadder her eyes grew. Riley placed a hand on Lucas' chest, stopping him mid-sentence.

"It wouldn't hurt to play with her for a little while." Riley said quietly, just for Lucas to hear. "Come on." She spoke again with a playful smile. Lucas took one glance at the look on Riley's face and soon a smile was pressing its way onto his lips without him even trying. "I know you would rather play with your little sister than study about the Persian Empire and Mitosis. Well, at least I would."

Lucas narrowed his eyes at Riley but the smile still remained. He let out a defeated sigh and turned his body towards his sister, releasing one arm from Riley but keeping his other wrapped tightly around her waist.

"What do you have in mind?"

•••

What planned out to be an hour of crafts lead to another hour of roleplaying. Eventually, Lucas' mom had come home with bags full of groceries. She had walked to Rosie's room after hearing the sound of laughter come from it. Originally her plan was to have Lucas and Riley help her with the groceries, but the plan was no longer in place the moment she opened the door slightly and saw the three all dressed in costumes.

Little Rosie stood on top of her bed, wearing what she called her "Fairy Godmother" costume. Her cardboard wings had been made by her and Lucas during their craft time that day and with every move she made, the load of glitter that was on it flew off into the air; landing on everything in its reach.

Lucas had been bowing before Riley, considering he was the Prince of their roleplaying game. His yellow paper crown with beads messily glued to it, easily slipped off of his head and landed on Riley's feet. One of his mother's red scarves was wrapped diagonally across his chest, serving as a sash.

And Riley was the princess, wearing Rosie's very small princess tiara upon her head. It was never her plan to wear one of Rosie's pink poofy skirts, but Rosie wouldn't start the game until she did.

Rachel, Lucas' Mother, stood there and watched them continue their game. No one even noticed her in the doorway until the very end of the story.

Lucas and Riley had finished their "waltz" and it was getting to the end of Rosie's tale. So like every good fairytale, there had to be a kiss. Before Rosie could even begin to say "-And they lived happily ever after." Lucas had already grabbed Riley by the waist and dipped her backwards ever so slightly. Her tiara fell off her head as Lucas slid his hand up her back, firmly placing it on the back other head. His other arm continued to be strongly wrapped around her waist with that hand steady on her lower back. Gently, he lifted her head with his other hand and lowered his, finally sealing their lips together with a kiss that sent an entire array of fireworks throughout their body.

The kiss continued to deepen the longer they held it, leading them to feel as if they were the only two in the room. But the moment didn't last long as they had hoped, for it was interrupted by the sound of clapping coming from the other end of the room.

Lucas quickly pulled away from the sudden noise, almost dropping Riley in the process. They both turned their heads to see Lucas' mother standing in the door way with the biggest smile on her face as she continued to clap.

•••

"That was some show you all put on." Rachel said, twirling the spaghetti around her fork. She watched her son closely as he pushed the meatballs around his plate as a small smile flashed longingly on his face.

Two hours ago, Riley had already gone home due to having to be home for dinner. It was almost impossible to get Riley out of the house with Rosie clinging to one of her legs, pleading for her to stay forever. It took both Rachel and Lucas to get the crying little girl off of her leg. Before Riley ran to her Father's car, she quickly placed a kiss on Lucas' cheek, thanked Mrs. Friar for letting her come over, and promised Rosie that she would come back to play princess with her as soon as possible.

Rosie tapped Lucas on the shoulder repeatedly until he turned his head to meet her. He raised his eyebrows at the girl smiling cheekily at him.

"Can Riley be my sister?" She asked. The sudden word Lucas wished he would never hear again reappeared.

"No." Was all he could say before some old memories threatened to enter into his mind again. He took the glass of water sitting next to his plate and began to chug it down. But stopped when he caught the confused look on his sisters face.

"So you're not gonna marry her someday?"

Abruptly, Lucas swallowed his water and practically almost choked. He looked wide eyed at his Mom and then to his sister before speaking again.

"Huh?"

"Well, if you marry her.. Then she becomes my sister. Isn't that right, Mommy?" Rosie turned to Rachel, waiting for an answer. She nodded her head with a satisfied smile at her daughter and turned her attention to Lucas.

"That's exactly right, Rosie."

It was inevitable for Lucas to stop smiling the rest of the night. Throughout dinner his Mother and Rosie continued to tease him about him and Riley, but he didn't mind it at all. In fact, he enjoyed it more than ever. Hearing all the jokes about how him and Riley's wedding would go, how many kids they would have, but most importantly that Riley would be Rosie's sister.

•••

Lucas sat on the edge of his sisters bed that evening, finishing off a bedtime story for her. When he closed Goodnight Moon and tucked his sister in her pink fluffy blanket, Rosie turned in her bed to face him.

"You're going to marry her someday, right?" She asked. Her voice and eyes carried the same amount of hope that Lucas had rising throughout his body.

Lucas chuckled quietly before placing a firm kiss to his sisters forehead. Just as he went to pull away, Rosie grabbed him by the sides of his face and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Remember..." Rosie whispered, turning in her blanket and placing her head back down on her pillow. "You're going to marry her someday. And she's going to be my big sister."

Lucas got up from his sister's bed and walked to the door. He took one last glance at Rosie and flipped off her light, allowing her bunny nightlight to illuminate her room.

"Maybe someday, Rosie. Hopefully someday."

•••

WOOOOOW I UPDATED AGAIN HA. Honestly I've always wanted Lucas to have a fricken younger sister because come on we all know it would be the cutest thing and would make him like 15 times more attractive than he already is. ANYWAY, this is probably the fastest I'll like EVER update. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed. I have more to come but I have no idea when I'll update next so stay tuned! - Maddie