This time it was Riley's eyes that widened. She looked back down at the girl and saw that she was almost a spitting image of Lucas. The main difference had to have been the light freckles that danced along her round cheeks and button nose.

"I can't believe you never told me you had a sister." Riley spoke in astonishment as she looked between Lucas and the little girl that now stood next to him.

"Nobody asked." He answered, the corner of his lips twisting into a smirk.

"But how come I never saw her when I was over here the last two times time?"

Lucas ruffled the little's girls hair with his free hand, causing a contagious giggle to escape her. "My Mom actually decided to take her to the store one of those days and the doctors on the other."

The giggling stopped when the girl turned her focus back on Riley. Her wide eyes observed the new person before turning back to Lucas.

"Is this that Riley girl you always talk about?"

If Riley's cheeks weren't already red enough from the cold, they were sure now the deepest shade of red anyone has ever seen. Riley watched as the same shade of red crept onto Lucas' cheeks and even reached the tip of his ears as he stared down at his sister. He unlocked his eyes from hers and locked them back on Riley.

"This is Rosie. If you can't tell already, she has a big mouth."

Rosie opened her mouth into a large 'o' before playfully slapping his arm. "I do not!"

Lucas just smiled and took a swig of his hot chocolate. Obviously being used to the type of conversation. "Rosie." He spoke now looking back down at her. "Would you like to say hi to Riley?"

Rosie turned her head, her braid swishing behind her as she walked towards Riley. Riley placed her mug on the small table behind her and got down on her knees, meeting Rosie at her eye-level. Rosie leaned in closer to Riley's face, keeping it an inch away. After she had observed her for a couple of seconds, she pulled her head away and smiled. "You're just as pretty as I thought you were."

Riley's lips instantly broke out into a smile. She lifted her right hand and held it out in front of the girl. "It's nice to meet you, Rosie."

Rosie took one look at the hand, and looked back to Riley. Her smile widened and her eyes glistened with excitement. Instead of shaking Riley's hand, she flung her tiny arms around Riley's shoulders and clung to her as tightly as possible.

Riley wrapped her arms around the girl and looked up at Lucas to find a warm smile dancing across his lips.

"You like her, Rose?"

Riley felt the girl nod her head against her shoulder and couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Lucas watched Riley hug her for a few more seconds before setting his cup down next to Riley's, and pulling Rosie out of her arms.

"Alright you had enough time to hug Riley. At least let me have a turn now." He gifted Riley a subtle wink before lifting Rosie to her feet.

"Can I play with you guys?" Rosie asked as she watched her big brother wrap his arms around Riley and practically bury his face in her wavy hair. Instinctively, Riley wrapped her arms around his neck and shut her eyes as she enjoyed the amount of warmth that his body had to offer. Lucas tightened his arms around Riley's body as he chuckled at his sisters question. His breath hitting the skin of her neck as he did so, causing a warm feeling to rise up within Riley's chest.