life's like an hourglass, glued to the table

I woke up in the middle of the night. I heard laughing from Alison's room. I come out of my room and try my best to silently walk to Ali's room. I press my ear up against the door to hear Ali. I hear her talking on the phone but I figured it was a guy, because she was flirting. Then I heard her say the other persons name.
   'Emily I want to be with you, I love you' I hear Alison say into the phone and I gasped loudly. I don't know what Emily was saying on the other line but it had to be long because Ali didn't talk for a while. I heard Ali hang up the phone and go back to sleep. I went down stairs to go on the couch, I didn't want to be in my bed. I was on the couch and I heard footsteps come down the stairs. I turn to see who it is. It was Jason, I don't know if he knew I was there. He had messy hair which was cute and no shirt, he had long shorts on though. I got up and walked over to him. He turned around and saw me and smiled, I tried to hold back my smile but I couldn't. I went to him and kissed him, his lips are so soft and make me smile, I love it. We make out for a few minutes then he pulls away.
      "I don't want to hide us anymore" he says with his hand on my cheek. I put my arms around his neck.
      "We don't have to keep it a secret, unless you're afraid!" I whisper.
      "I'm not afraid, I just don't want to lose you because of Ali" he says to me
      "It will be worth it though" I say and we continue to kiss again. He was cold and his lips were sweet. I pull away after about 4 minutes
"You are cute but I want to sleep before I have to go to school in the morning" I say heading to the couch. He followed me. When I sat down he sat next to me and put his arm around me. I felt safe and knew nothing would happen to me as long as I was with him. We fell asleep in the couch together.
It was the next morning and I was laying next to Jason on the couch. Once I noticed that I remembered that Ali was in the house. I sprung up looking around. I didn't see her and I relaxed a little bit. When I sprung up I woke up Jason and scared him a little bit.
"Are you ok?" Jason asks.
"Yeah I was just checking to see if Alison was up" I answered getting up.
"Ok, so you have to go to school" he asks.
"Yeah " I answer, and giving him a kiss on his lips.
"Um are you going to brush your hair today?" I ask running my fingers through Jason's hair.
"Well I'm going to shower so yeah" he answers.
"Ok, but you look cute either way." I say then walking up stairs to get dressed for school. I was up in the hall way and I saw Ali standing there.
"Hey Ali" I say
"Hey"
"So I heard you on the phone last night" I tell her.
"Oh did I keep you up" she asks
"No I just know you were talking to Emily, you still love her" I say
"Yeah I do, but she is going through some things and just doesn't want to be seeing anyone" she says shedding a tear.
"Go get dressed, I'm going to work today so we are leaving in a few" she says heading down stairs. About 10 minutes later and I was about to head out the door. Ali heads out before me and I give Jason a quick kiss before I leave.