Chapter 5: Melody

I stare at the costume I'm supposed to wear for the concert.

"A corset? Out of allllll the things you could have got you got a corset?!" I ask in wonder, eyeing the rest of my costume. It was mostly chestnut brown with golden thread. Gold and silver cogs were sewn onto the dress in an intricate pattern. A black headband was there to top it all off, copper and gold coloured cogs decorating the plastic, like flowers.

"Steampunk..." I mutter under my breath, fingering the beautiful lace.

"Well, just try on the corset!" Pleaded Eliza, my dress designer.

"Yeah, chop chop!" Yelled my director, Charles.

I roll my eyes, and pull the damned (yet pretty) thing with me to a dressing room.

I step out, the corset crushing my lungs with no mercy.

"I.....can't.........BREATHE.....in......this......thing........" I gasped, tugging desperately at the fabric.

"Well, your going to have to wear it," Charles stated, scribbling something on that clipboard that he seems to have everywhere.

"No, I won't."

"Yes, you will."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"YES!"

I sighed, annoyed.

"If I could stick my middle finger up to you, I would. Luckily for you, this corset is too tight and I'm too polite to do such a thing."

Charles chuckled. Yes, I like my director. He has a sense of humor.

"Can I see the outfit for I Write Sins Not Tradgedies?" I ask as politely as humanly possible. To be honest, I don't know why I'm famous. I pretty much do covers of other people's songs.

"Sure!" Eliza chirped, showing me a creamy white wedding dress, trimmed with silver.

"There's not enough blue...." I reply flatly, glancing from the redhead to the dress.

"Well, of course not! Wedding dresses are supposed to be white. Besides, I thought white was your favourite colour." Eliza smiled.

"I'm kidding, white is my favourtite colour! It's beautiful! Still not enough blue though..." I grinned, picking up the veil, which was decorated with silver and blue flowers.

"Hey Melody! Ready for the dress rehersal if I Write Sins Not Tragedies?" Yelled the choreographer, George. "You have a crowd of fans waiting for their 'preview'".

"Coming!" I yell, changing as quickly as possible into the wedding dress, still fixing the veil on as I rushed down to the main stage.

"Ready?" Charles asked.

"Ready!" I shout, taking a step onto the stage, signalling for the music to start.

As I began to sing, I threw off the veil. Showtime.

Oh.
Well, imagine
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor
And I can't help but to hear
(No, I can't but hear)
An exchanging of words.
"What a beautiful wedding!
What a beautiful wedding"
Said a bridesmaid to a waiter.
"And yes, but what a shame
What a shame the poor bride's groom is a horror

I put my finger to my lips, signalling for the background dancers to begin. As I began singing once again, I heard soft bangs as they did somersaults and towering balances on top of each other.

I chime in with a
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"
"No,
It's much better to face these kinds if things with a sense of poise and rationality"

By now, I am literally at the edge of the stage, throwing myself back in a graceful hop, feet pointed, as I had practised.

I chime in
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"
"No,
It's much better to face these kinds if things with a sense of...."

Well, in fact
Well, I'll look at it this way
I mean technically our marriage is saved.
Well, this calls for
A toast
So pour the champagne.

Oh!
Well, in fact
Well, I'll look at it this way
I mean technically our marriage is saved.
Well, this calls for
A toast
So pour the champagne, pour the champagne...

In the instrumental, I feel George breathing down my neck.

No, he wasn't being a stalker/creep.

He was getting ready for the lift.

"3..2...1..." I whisper, jumping in the air, George's arms wrapping around my calves as he lifted me higher. Please remember I was in a dress.

As I balanced, strangely enough, someone in the crowd caught my eye. It was a girl, the same age as me with black hair and purple highlights. I didn't have time to contemplate, as I had to start singing in a few seconds.

I swiftly bent down, showing it was time. George let go, and I did a somersault to the ground.

Yes, I did practise. And maybe fractured my spinal cord on my first attempt.

But luckily, I had a smooth landing

I chime in with a
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"
"No,
It's much better to face these kinds if things with a sense of poise and rationality"

I chime in
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"
"No,
It's much better to face these kinds if things with a sense of poise and rationality"

Again.....

I chime in
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"
"No!
It's much better to face these kinds if things with a sense of poise and rationality"

I chime in
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"
"No,
It's much better to face these kinds if things with a sense of poise and rationality"

Again......

I finish by doing a split. And yes, I did all of that in a wedding dress.

The applause seemed to roar seeing as there were only about 30 people there.

I smile, but as I walk back to my caravan for tea, and to relax, my mind wonders back to that strange girl...

(A/N Random Author's Note. I Write Sins Not Tradegies is by Panic! At The Disco. Also, I will sing the song and upload it here very soon!)