Acceptance

Arties POV

I couldn't help but to stare at her. She was outstanding. I could tell she was nervous at first because she kept looking down but she gained confidence as she continued. I knew as soon as she started to sing I was falling for her. She sang impossible by Chantel. Half way through the song she had everyone with tears in their eyes. I couldn't hold mine in. it was like she was singing her pain away. It was like she let the pain flow out of her and I could feel the hurt brush past me. She was almost done when she choked. Her eyes got so big they were round. She ran out of the auditorium. I followed. It took a while but I found her in an empty classroom.

"you sang beautifully"', I said in a comfronting voice.

"thanks but I don't need your pity".

"I don't pity you. I actually think your amazing".

"look artie I screwed up ok? Im just so tired. No one understands what I have to go through and I don't expect you to either"

I smirked.

"try me".

She thought for a second before she spoke. Then she talked so fast her lips looked like they were vibrating.

"Ever since before I can remember, I felt like a total outsider. I learned for me to fit in I needed to change myself. People mocked me and talked about me to my face and made me feel awful about myself. Guys didn't like girls like me. Girls with no body and who doesn't live in a nice home.  People walked all over me. Used me for things and made me feel worthless. My parents aren't the nicest in the world either. They talk to me like I'm some freak and call me names and say hurtful things. The make me feel unloved by anyone. Imagine everywhere you go you have to be someone else because your unwelcome. It sucks. So now that I've been giving a fresh start and Im kind of getting my life back together, I don't want to ruin it"

I stared at her because I was kind of confused.

"I don't get it. What do you mean "girls like you?"

She looked down as if she was embarrassed.

"..... Being black".

My eyes widen. I knew exactly what she was going to say.

"Kids can be so mean. I have to try extra hard to just get the same treatment as you guys do. Why do you think I freaked out when I messed up. I thought you guys wouldn't take me seriously now that I screwed up. Why do you think I pushed all the feelings I had for you away? You deserve a girl who is not me. You deserved to be loved unconditionally. You were the only student here to talk to me like I mattered and I was rude to you. "

She looked down as more tears feel down her cheeks.

"Gosh I'm such a bad person" she said after I didn't speak

She got up to leave but I grabbed her hand and sat her into my lap.

"Well your beautiful to me"

Then, we kissed.

vote and comment if you want another chapter. you wont believe what happens next