Cheerios

the next day I decided to go to Mr. Shuester so he tell me who the coach of the cheerios was.

"Hi again Mr. Shuester", I said with real confidence this time.

"Oh hello Hazel. How's your day going so far?"

"I'm getting used to how things work so far thanks for asking".

"So what can I help you with"?

"I was wondering if you could tell me who the coach of the cheerios is".

"Oh yes her name is Coach Sue. You can find her in the gym which is down this hall and to the left".

"Thanks so much".

So off I went. It's been a little bit since I cheered but I'm still pretty good. I must do this if I want to fit in. If my life at home isn't that great then so be it. I want at least to be able to have one place where I'm happy and welcomed at. Where I'm free to be whoever I want. This school has a lot of white kids and I'm black so for me to get anywhere I must be the best at anything I do.  Whatever is going on at home I must bury it deep as soon I walk out of the door.

I made my way into the gym and saw a tall, blond haired women standing with a clip board in her hands. She had mean judging eyes with a natural scowl on her face. She had frown wrinkles and I could tell by her bad posture she was pretty confident. I made my way to her but before I could she spoke for the first time without even looking up

"What do you want" she said, her voice matching the way I pictured it.

"I would like to audition for your cheer team".

"No"

"Why not?"

"My cheerios are pretty, with great, fit, and toned bodies. That's why", she said with a mean smirk. I hate her already.

"I promise you want to see what I can to. I have excellent tumbling skills, I have a long history of competing since I was on an all-star team, and I can base and fly. Please just let me show you what I got".

"Fine but don't waste my time'

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

I nailed it. Everything she told me to do I did and I did it like I never did before. I was so good, I walked out of that gym wearing a cheerios uniform. What a lame name but whatever. I'm on the team. Boom! as i was going down the hallway I watched Artie as he wheeled to his locker. When he opened it he struggled to put his books away and when he finally did he closed his locker and turned to go down the hallway but he was stopped when a group of jocks and a few cheerios poured slushies' on him. Tears welled up into my eyes as they threw the cups at him. He turned away blushing and caught my eye. My heart melted again as I saw tears in his eyes. I turned my head as he went by. I didn't want him to see me crying. I wanted to stay strong but that was the saddest thing I ever saw and I watched the notebook for crying out loud. The bell rang and I went to my next class.