Chapter 8 "Unexpected Surprise"

Começar do início

When Victoria was younger she used to warn people of potential dangers that could happen that she dreamt often enough. Yet, of course no one believed her. She stopped trying to explain herself to everyone. She didn't know why Rosa had to bring it up.

"Yet, I personally believe the story that you are secretly seeing Richard Bernard, who many people saw punch my lover in his face." Rosa said, finally getting to her point. 

Victoria just rolled her eyes. "I'm not seeing Richard. And to let you know, your regular lover was the one wanting to bed me."  

"I highly doubt that. After all, why would he bed you, when he could bed me?" She said in confidence.

"I don't know, maybe he found you plainly dull?" Victoria said, knowing it could shake Rosa up, which it did. Her eyes turned to red as she gave Victoria a murderess look.

Rosa growled. "Never compare me to slum like yourself." Then she took a breathe to come down. "I don't care who you bed with anymore. Have my leftovers because soon I will be queen."

Victoria eyes went up. She was so glad the alpha king and prince were coming to put Ms. Farina and her dear daughter in their place, however, now she was wondering what they did to change this.

"You mean Ella, who once she's queen, will expose you for what you and your mother really are." Victoria fired back.

"Yet, don't you know. The head royals believe I'm lovely Ella." She said as she put on a hat by the nearest shelf and posed like she was beautiful woman in the world.

Victoria let out another laugh. "Don't you know that's a terrible idea. This is a small town, someone will bound to tell the king and prince."

"But see, your wrong. My mother is the most powerful shifter in this town, ranking right up there with the town alpha himself. She practically our town pack Luna. She has many loyal followers and for those who aren't so loyal, well, they are scared of her to say the least." Rosa explain. "The alpha king has a whole country to run. He's not going to protect every shifter, especially humans. That is why we have town alphas. Nobody will be telling the alpha king anything."

As she said this, she leaned across the counter and started touching Victoria's hair. Victoria heart started beating. Never has Rosa been this forward with her before, but she knew of shifters animal-like behaviors, especially anger. "Not even you." Rosa told her. Then she grabbed some of Victoria hair and yanked it towards her until Victoria and her were eye to eye. "Do you here me?"     

"Rosa what are you doing?"

Rosa let go of Victoria as she flew backwards, almost falling of her chair. "Nothing mother." She said.

As Victoria became stable once more, she glance at Miss. Farina to see her with an unreadable expression on her face. "Please stop playing with your prey and lets go. The Prince and King are waiting for us and you have to make a good impression." She ordered.

Rosa just sighed. "Yes, mother." Then she glance at Victoria once more as they walked out the door..

Once they left, Ms. Padnena came back up to the counter. "Are you aright my dear?"

"Yes." Rosa simply said, but deep down she knew it was a lie.

"Good." Then she started mumbling about how if Mr. Farina was still alive, none of this would happen, whatever that meant.

However, Victoria didn't care. All she wanted to do was forget this day had ever happen.

***       

Ella just sat there waging her tail as she saw Richard come running out of the trees.

You cheated . He said as he stopped before her.