Chapter 7

"Hello Beautiful" Ed wrapped his arms around Waverly. Waverly squeezed lightly, sighing as she took her seat at the restaurant. It was a barbecue place. It was country and old looking, but still nice.

"I've never had B.B.Q. before." Ed scanned the menu.

"I thought you'd been living in Nashville for awhile?"

"I have but I haven't had a reason to come try it." He chuckled, flipping the menu over.

"Oh...well I usually get the Barbecue sand which, but they have good ribs too." Waverly looked over her menu.

"Ribs? That seems a bit manly for you."

"Yeah, I guess it is.." Waverly wasn't planning on talking a lot tonight, she had made up her mind. This was her last date with Ed. She thought about it all night long, her heart pulled for Niall.

"Something wrong?" Ed laid down his menu and lay his hand across hers.

"No, everything is fine." Waverly smiled. "How about we order some drinks?" Waverly said, the waitress making her way to their table.

"Hey y'all, what can get 'cha?" The waitress asked in her country twang. "Would you like a drink?"

"Yes, I'll take a beer." Ed said glancing at Waverly. He showed the lady an I.D.

"I just want a coke. Thanks" Waverly looked at Ed. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yeah, Um Let's see I'll have the ribs, with baked beans and wedges." Ed folded his menu and gave it to the girl.

"And I'll have the barbecue sand which and tater wedges." Waverly did the same with her menu.

They didn't talk much, or laugh. Waverly just smiled at his jokes and nodded her head. She was trying not to look bored. She wasn't mad, she didn't want to talk because she felt like she would cry.

"Something's wrong, I can tell." Ed said again, after their plates arrived.

"No, everything is fine. Don't these wedges look delicious." Waves took a bite of the french fry in her hand.

"OK..." Ed said, dropping the subject. Something was going on. Waverly wasn't speaking, or laughing at his hair. She wasn't tracing his tattoos or talking at all. What had he done wrong? He was only reassured to see that she was wearing the necklace he got her.

They finished eating, Waverly didn't lie when she said the ribs were delicious.

Ed walked to Waverly's jeep. He had been dropped off by a friend of his.

As they got in the car, Ed looked at Waverly staring out the window. He thought about how mad he had gotten when Niall called. How he had almost gave it all to her.

'Waves..." Ed said suddenly breaking the silence. He put his hand on hers.

"Yeah?" Waverly glanced quickly at his hand on hers.

"I'm sorry...About the other night, on the mountain." Ed sighed. " Niall called you, and I didn't know you were talking to us both. It upset me really bad. I- I really like you." Ed looked into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Ed..." Waverly looked heartbroken. "It's alright. Really.."

"No, it's not. I know you're not that typed of girl. I tried to make you be. I'm sorry" Ed apologized again.

"Look, I'm sorry. " The light turned red and Waverly stopped. Waverly leaned in close. Their foreheads touching. "I'm sorry I'm so foolish, I'm sorry for-" She stopped as she placed her lips on Eds. She already knew who her choice was.