Kaeru looked down, a small smile made its way to his face. Seeing that his little brother had calmed himself down, Kakashi kneeled in front of him, their eyes on the same level.

"Please forgive me, Kaeru. I'm sorry for everything. Everything that happened to you, and especially how I treated you all these years. I was... blinded by grief, I think. How Mom died giving birth to you... For years I blamed you."

"I was so damn selfish. I only think about myself, and I don't care about anyone else. Not even you. But now I know I was wrong. It's not your fault, not at all. You didn't take away Dad's attention on me."

"I never loved you, but you never hate me. And I always push you away. It was unfair, wasn't it? I'm sorry, Kaeru, I truly am sorry. If only I-..." He fell silent as soon as a pair of arms wrapped him into a tight hug.

Kaeru was hugging him, holding him as if he was clinging to life itself. The boy snuggled his face to he black fabric that covered Kakashi's neck, as he started sniffing again quietly.

"... It's okay. You will always be my Aniki."

Kakashi pulled him closer, tears began to form in his eyes. Tears he would never let Kaeru see, because Hatakes don't cry.

"Let's go home, otouto."

| × | × | × | × | × |

Kakashi

It was already dark by the time we entered the village. The rain had stopped a few minutes ago, but he was still slightly shivering from the cold. I gave Kaeru a piggyback ride all of our way back, because I just couldn't stand seeing him walking that far. He was very light, and I realized how thin he truly is. But he seemed like he didn't care.

At first it was very hard to assure him that he could trust me. But when I finally succeed, I found out that I enjoy his company. Makes me even wonder more why didn't I like him sooner.

"Where is Anko-chan and her scary friend?" Kaeru suddenly asked.

"At her apartment, maybe?" I asked back, as I stopped in front of my house. I put him down, and rummaged through my pocket, pulling out my key and unlocked the door.

"All cuddly-cuddly? With Ibiki?"

A very disturbing image crossed my mind, and I instantly shook my head. "They would never do that, Kaeru."

"They should. It would help them feel warm. The weather's so cold." He told me innocently.

Chuckling, I shook my head, pushing the door open and walked in, turning on he lights.

"Okaeri." I stated out loud, looking at him. He grinned, following me, entering the house.

"Tadaima!" He yelled, looking around. "Woah, this place's cool! But it looks familiar..."

"It's our old house. You don't remember?"

He shook his head, sitting on the couch. "My mind feels blurry." Is his only explanation.

I frowned. Blurry, huh? Did someone mess with his head or something?

"Here. You should dry yourself off. You're gonna catch a cold." I told him, throwing him a clean large towel as I went to the kitchen. Now, food. Anko is feeding him sweets for days when he seemed to be malnourished for years. It's insane.

"Aniki, what is that?" He asked, already standing next to me. What the hell?! How come I didn't hear him?!

"Miso soup. When is the last time you ate?"

"Uh..." He tried off, before shrugging. I sighed and ruffled his damp hair.

Kaeru