“Why don’t you let me watch out for myself?” I said annoyed standing up from the bed and walking down stairs.

“You can’t protect yourself against vampires,” Damon was right behind me.

“Well, maybe I don’t want to. Maybe I was meant to die, by that hand of a vampire. May that’s why we met,” I turned on him.

“That was an accident . . . a mistake,” Damon shrugged.

“Unfortunately I don’t believe in either of those . . . I believe in faith. And if something is meant to happen than it will. So if my death is supposed to be cause by the vampiric world than all you’re doing is slowing it down,” I turned back around and walked into the kitchen.

“I refuse to believe that ,” Damon argued, “I refused to believe that I will be the cause of your death.”

“I didn’t say you would be the cause . . .”

“I won’t either,” Cole was suddenly leaning against the counter.

“I never said either of you would be, but a vampire will,” I countered, “You’re only still here because there is the possibility that I am a human in one of the prophecies,” I sighed it wasn’t a question, but they looked at each other and then at me somberly and I knew I was right. “You have already made it clear that is I make it out of the prophecy I will be a vampire . . . or I just won’t make it out alive . . .”

“You may not be a part of a prophecy,” Cole sighed disappointed.

“Well, how can you be sure I am not? What other precautions can you take? Who else can you call?” I pushed.

“There is one last resort we can settle to,” Cole replied and looked at Damon clearly sending him something silently.

“No . . . if we’re wrong,” Damon shook his head, “It’s too much o f a risk.”

“But if we are right they will need to be informed anyway,” Cole sighed.

“You better hope that you’re not right,” Damon growled.

“I do, Damon. Trust me,” Cole looked sad.

“What? What are you right about? Who can you call? This is so damn unfair!” I complained

“Calm down, Shannon,” Cole smiled at me chuckling.

“Don’t throw a hissy fit,” Damon ruffled my hair.

I back away from him and into Cole, “I am about to be throwing really sharp pencils at both of you if you don’t explain,” I glared.

“Sharp pencils?” Cole raised any eyebrow at me.