You’re intoxicated by my very presence.” At first I thought he was saying it to me, then I realized he was quoting. “The way he uses that line is very . . . smooth,” He breathed his lips brushing against mine.

Just when I felt like he was about to lean for that millimeter to press his lips to mine . . . Damon had to come in and ruin it.

“What are you doing?” Damon demanded and Cole turned away from me to face his brother.

I sat back trying not to let the disappointment show on my face as I cross my arms across my chest and glared at Damon.

“Oh, stop pouting, Shannon,” Damon rolled his eyes at me and Cole chuckled smirking at me.

My jaw dropped and I looked between them, “I – I was not pouting,” I argued as Damon walked over to the bed.

“You were most definitely pouting,” Damon smiled.

“Whatever, you’re such a buzz kill,” I sighed.

“Yeah, just go back to your normal grumpy morning routine,” He teased.

“I am not grumpy in the morning . . . you’re the one who is always in a strange mood in the morning,” I glared at him.

“Yeah, whatever,” He turned to Cole, “What are you doing up here?”

“I was reading,” He said teasingly waving the book in front of Damon’s face.

Damon hit it away, “Get that out of my face,” he hit the book away.

“Hey, be careful with my book,” I snatched it up and hugged it to my chest.

They both looked at me like I was crazy. I glared at Damon.

“Come on, Damon. You know I am crazy about vampires by now,” I sighed.

He shrugged and Cole smirked.

“Anyway, is there any particular reason you came barging into rudely?” Cole turned to his brother.

“I was looking for you. I wanted to make sure you weren’t up here,” Damon glared.

“Why is that, brother?” Cole said with over-exaggerated innocence.

“Because Shannon is in an emotional state of mind and I know how good you are at playing on emotions,” Damon glared.

“Damon, I am not that cold,” Cole became serious.

“I am just watching out for Shannon,” Damon said stubbornly.

“Yeah, well, I thought that is why you call me to come here,” Cole growled.