Chapter 22- Asher's Lovely Date

Start from the beginning

                “Why would I look at her, when I’m here with you?” I inquire honestly. I chuckle when she blushes.

                “What’s so funny?” she asks in usual defensive demeanor.

                “It’s nice to know I can make you blush,” I smirk, I’m cocky sue me.

                “Yeah, but you also frustrate me to no end,” she counters.

                “There’s got to be a balance,” I smirk.

                “Well at least we got this date over with,” she changes the subject.

                “Hopefully they’ll be another one,” I look her directly in the eyes, that’s right, I’m mesmerizing her.

                “What are you doing?”

                “Mesmerizing you,” I don’t break eye contact.

                “You just knocked down the salt shaker,” she snaps me out of the trance, damn it, it’s like she’s immune to my smolder.

                “Are you made of stone or something?” she laughs in response.  

                “Asher you don’t have to try so hard, believe it or not I think you’re pretty cool,” she laughs lightly.

                “So you’ll go out with me again?”

                “I really am not into the dating scene,” she responds emotionlessly. I get it. She’s guarding her heart, not willing to get hurt like her mom. I ignore her answer as the food’s placed on the table.

                “Here,” the waitress hands me a slip of paper but I rip it in her face not even sparing her a glance. She ought to have some self-respect. She can very well see I’m here with somebody. Avery laughs as she stomps away.

                “You have girls coming at you left and right, why do you insist on going out with me?” she laughs.

                “Because, only you catch my eye,” I sincerely respond.

                “This burger’s really good,” she changes the subject once again and concentrates on her food. I do the same and spend dinner joking around, making fun at the rejected waitress, and flicking some food at some people. All in all, it was the best damn date I’ve ever been on.

                “This was really nice,” she smiles genuinely as we buckle up once again.

                “Not over yet,” I inform her. she looks puzzled by I don’t say more.

                “What are we doing in an abandoned building?” she asks when we pull up at the rundown place. I get out of the car and she reluctantly follows. I lead her to the old beat down door which with only two kicks from my feet, opens easily.

                “Watch your step,” I caution as we go up the old rotting staircase.

                “Are you sure we should be in here?”

                “I’ve done this plenty of times,” I wave her off. This is my favorite thinking place or when I need to punch something I come here, since the guys started getting mad every time a hole needed to be patched up at home. Once we get to the third and last floor, I lead her straight to the new telescope that clashes with the dingy building.

                “Stargazing?”

                “There’s a comet that supposed to pass by in a couple of minutes, and since you are named after an asteroid, I thought it might be fun,” I down play it. Truth is I actually had a hard time planning the perfect date.

                “That’s so sweet?” she seems puzzled.

                “I can be romantic,” I say flatly, everybody really thought I’d mess up this date. We head on over and adjust the setting on the contraption, minutes later we’re gazing into a starry sky. I love the way Avery’s face lit up as the comet made its journey past us. It was all broken by the sound of sirens getting closer.

                “Are you sure we could come in here?” Avery questions nervously.

                “I was pretty sure,” I shrug sheepishly.

                “Asher,” she mumbles in frustration, I grab her hand and lead her downstairs quickly. We make it to the car and we were so close to freedom.

                “Stop right there,” comes the deep voice behind us.

                “Shit,” I curse under my breath, I think Avery heard it but that death glare might just be from our current situation.

                “I guess that kiss is out of the question now, huh?” I question as the click of the handcuffs sounds through the night.   

                “So is that second date,” Avery responds as we’re pushed inside the patrol car.

                “It’s not that bad.”

                “If I could slap you right now, I so would,” were the last words she said as we were driven to the police station. A place I’m all too familiar with.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, the date, finally!!!! I had a little difficulty because this is not your usual pair but I think this was the perfect date for the both of them. Please vote and tell me what you think!!!! I'm questioning, would you guys want a sequel, I would love to know what you guys think!!!! Teem Peeta!!! Completely irrelevant but whateves;)