Chapter 2

I felt awkward at dinner that night, mainly because Lucius kept glancing at me with a strangely. It was honestly starting to creep me out.

Later that night, I wasn't tired, so I slipped out of my room and quietly stole down the halls to the library.

I went straight to the back, and started looking for the book again.

I finally found it, along with a bevy of other books on the dark arts.

I took the book down from the shelf and tip toed back to my room, letting out a sigh of relief when my door clicked shut.

I jumped and nearly screamed when I heard a tap at the window, but I calmed down when I realized that it was just my owl, with a reply from Hermione.

I set the book down on my bed and opened the window to let her in.

After I took the letter and gave her a treat, I sat down and opened the letter.

Regina

My summer has been very pleasant so far.

The ball sounds exciting, you'll have to tell me about it! Which of your friends did you set up with your brother? I don't know much about your friends aside from myself, Harry and Ron.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I doubt that I'm your favorite Gryffindor. I believe that honor belongs to Harry, am I correct? You two are adorable, just saying.

I would love to be able to visit you, but as you said, that wouldn't go over very well. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, please do keep in touch!

-Hermione

I sighed, folding the parchment and putting it back in the envelope.

I stood by my bed, staring at the book on the dark arts.

After a moment of debate, I picked up the book and left my room, creeping quietly down the hall to Draco's room.

I quietly opened the door and poked my head in.

Draco sat on a couch in front of the fireplace, he seemed like he was zoned out, not really paying attention to anything.

I shut the door quietly, but the click still got his attention.

"Regina? What are you doing up?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"I could ask you the same thing," I retorted.

"You mind?" I gestured toward the seat next to him.

"Go ahead."

I sat down, holding the book on my lap.

"What's that?" he asked, pointing to the book.

I took a deep breath, then handed it to him.

"I found it in the library. It was in the potions section, and father found me reading it. He wasn't mad, but he put it in the back of the library. I just went there and found it...along with a bunch of other books on dark magic. Have you seen this, or any of them, before?" I explained.

"No, I haven't. Well obviously I've seen them, but I've never actually read any of them."

"I was just curious as to why they were in the family library," I said, leaning against the arm of the couch.

Draco was silent, and I decided to ask him something that was on my mind, but I didn't want to believe.

"Draco...do our parents...practice dark magic?" I asked, afraid of what the answer would be.

"Yes. They do," Draco sighed.

"And...do you?" I asked, not realizing I was holding my breath.

"No," Draco said genuinely, "I've never practiced any form of dark magic. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we each have to in the future."

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious about what he meant.

"Regina...our parents are Death Eaters. Surely you knew that?" Draco asked when I gasped.

"No, I didn't..."

"Oh...well maybe I shouldn't tell you then..."

"Tell me what? Draco, whatever it is, tell me!" I pleaded.

Draco hesitated, but eventually gave in.

"Well, I'd thought you knew already...seeing as you grew up with them..."

"Is it about Alan and Christine?"

Draco nodded, clearing his throat.

"Well, they're Death Eaters too. How did you not know?"

"They never acted like it, I never had any idea..."

Draco snapped his fingers in my face, I guess I had zoned out.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, looking slightly concerned.

"Yeah, fine. I'm a bit tired, I think I'll go to bed now," I said, standing and walking to the door.

"Alright. Goodnight," Draco said from his seat on the couch.

"Goodnight," I said as I shut the door quietly and crept back into my room.

I changed and got into bed, laying under the warm comforter as I stared blankly at the material atop the four poster bed.

My parents...all of them...are Death Eaters?!

Hey, so I know this chapter is a lot shorter than usual, sorry about that. I just really couldn't think of anything else to include in it, so I ended it there.

I don't know when the next chapter will be up, but I'll try to get it up soon.

Hope you liked this chapter, thanks for reading!

As always, vote and comment if you liked it!

Love you! :)