BB-8

Stiles leans his head back against his headboard. Scott is shovelling down his meal but Stiles's lies untouched on the ground. He stands up and walks to the edge of the tent, watching the sunset in the distance.

"You okay?" Scott asks through a mouthful of bread.

"Yeah." Stiles answers. He stretches and is about to crawl into bed when a whizzing outside stops him. He snaps around and sticks his head outside.

"Did you hear that?" He asks Scott.

"No. What?"

Stiles takes a step forward, listening intently. The whirring starts again and he ventures into the desert a little further.

"Bro, what are you doing?" Scott asks, placing his clean plate on the ground.

"Can you seriously not hear that?"

"No. Just come back inside. Dude, you're freaking me out."

Stiles turns back. "Yeah, you're right. It's probably nothing."

Just then, a distant rumbling sounds from behind the tent.

"Dammit! Sand people!" Stiles says, running outside.

He looks from side to side and spies the ship pull up a few metres from him. Scott appears at his shoulder and the pair set off; especially when they see a droid being passed between the creatures.

"Hey! Put him down!" Stiles calls out.

They look up momentarily and then go back to work. Scott clears his throat and begins to speak in a language foreign to Stiles. Scott motions for them to go, and the small men board there ship rather begrudgingly.

The droid looks up, it's lower body spinning around.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" Says Scott, stalking back to the tent.

Stiles stops, however, taking a look at the droid. He bends down, giving it a closer inspection.

"I don't know, Scott. I mean, this things pretty recent. BB-8 unit, not bad quality; and it would be nice to have a little extra company."

Scott sighs. "Fine. Okay. But that thing's your responsibility."

Stiles punches the air in triumph and smiles at BB-8. His lower body is now spinning faster then ever, and he speeds off towards the tent.

"He's making himself at home." Scott says through gritted teeth.

Stiles laughs and hits him on the back. "Get used to it buddy."

Scott groans and the pair enter the tent, deciding to retire for the night.

***

After another full day trying to search for her Uncle, Lydia Martin sits back in her chair. She sighs, rubs her temples and closes her eyes.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Leia asks, opening the door into the now deserted hub.

"Mum, we've been searching for so long. How do you not give up hope?"

Leia takes a step closer and grabs her daughter's hands.

"I know my brother. And I can just... Feel that he's still out there somewhere." She pauses. "All these people fighting for us, all these people sticking by us, they need us to be the strong ones. They need to know that the Resistance can, and will, fight back. It's hard for you, I know. But your brother chose his side along time ago."

Lydia looks down at her lap, feeling tears brim in her eyes. A single one rolls down her cheek and Leia brushes it away.

"We will find him. And we will take down The First Order. Now go and get some sleep, you'll need your rest for the morning." She kisses Lydia's head and exits.

Lydia rests her head on the table, feeling sleep pull at her eyes. She lets it take over and eventually falls into a deep sleep.

***

She wakes the next morning to a pair of hands on her shoulders.

"Lydia! Lydia!" Someone whispers.

Her eyes fly open and she sees Poe Dameron.

"Leia wants us all in the meeting room. I thought I'd find you here. Always working, huh?" He grins and sits down in one of the chairs.

Lydia smiles and sits up.

"What time is it?" She asks, sitting up and yawning.

"08:30. Let's go!" He jumps up and opens the door for a cranky Lydia. The two of them walk down the hallway, stopping outside of the meeting room.

"Ready?" Poe asks.

"Ready." Lydia answers.

A.N: Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, and please leave a comment or vote for it! Thank you!