Chapter Fourteen: Another Chance

APRIL POV

Right before I went to sleep, Chris pressed his lips to mine and told me he loved me for the last time. I slowly cried myself to sleep, trying to keep Chris' face branded into my memory.

I felt fog swirling around me, and when I opened my eyes I felt somehow... Different. I saw my father in front of me, and I instantly ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back.

"I missed you Daddy." I sobbed into his shoulder. He rubbed my back soothingly.

"I missed you too baby girl." He said. I sniffled and looked up at him.

"Do I have to stay here now?" I whispered. He smiled sympathetically at me, and then shook his head no. I stood there, confused. No? I thought I had to move on...

"April, a love as strong as yours has never existed before. When you promised him you would stay behind for him, it allowed him to be the only one that could see you. Since he got you pregnant... It's impossible for you to move on. If you did, it would kill the baby, and that can't happen. Chris can't take care of the child all by himself, he needs you to be there. You've been awarded eighteen more years on this earth, until the child is old enough to take care of itself. Use your time wisely." He said, his voice fading as his image disappeared. I was frozen in shock. I got to stay?! For eighteen more years! It was amazing! I felt the spiraling feeling again, and I was suddenly slammed back onto the bed, gasping for air. I clutched my chest, trying to get my breathing under control, and I felt a warm pair of arms wrap around me.

"April, what's wrong?" Chris asked worriedly, stroking my hair. I threw my arms around him and hugged him as tightly as I could.

"Chris! I get to stay!" I shouted happily. He looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"How?" He asked.

"I-I had a dream, and my dad was there, and he told me that I can stay until our baby is eighteen. B-but then I have to leave." I said, my voice trailing off at the end. We still wouldn't be able to be together forever.

"Oh, April." He said, pulling my lips to his. I kissed him back as tears ran down my face.

"I love you." I sobbed. He kissed me behind my ear.

"I love you too." He whispered. This was the happiest moment of my life. I got to spend eighteen more years with the love of my life. And I would make the most of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N The Epilogue will be next, but don't think this is over already >:) remember, Chris will never give up on April. I am already working on the sequel, which is called "Death Will Bring Us Together" and I will post it as soon as I post the epilogue to this book. Enjoy!

(Btw, sorry for the short chapter :/)