Chapter Eight: Confessions

"Hello sir, a table for one?" The waitress asked nicely. Chris looked at her in a confused way and put his arm around me.

"Um, no actually, a table for two." He said, staring at her to make sure she understood. She raised her eyebrow at Chris.

"Oh. Someone else is coming to meet you I see." She said with a shrug, leading us to a table. This was already going horribly. The waitress sat us down and handed Chris a menu.

"Can I get another one for her?" He asked, pointing to me.

"For...who?" The waitress asked in a puzzled tone.

"For her! She's sitting right there!" Chris said, motioning to me. I grabbed his arm.

"Chris just stop. It's fine." I said quickly. Chris sighed.

"Just give me another one." He said angrily. The lady quickly handed a menu to him and then ran off looking like she thought he was a maniac. She probably did think that.

"What was her problem?" Chris asked, turning to me. I shrugged, trying to look like I had no clue why the girl had acted like that.

A few seconds later, another girl came over with a pad of paper.

"Hi I'm Tanya and I'll be taking care of you today. What can I get you to drink?" She asked.

"Um, get me a Dr. Pepper." Chris said.

"Okay. Will that be all?" She said, writing it down.

"Um no, what do you want?" He asked, turning to me. I blushed again.

"Just. Get me a Sprite." I said hurriedly, wanting him to stop talking to me so people didn't think he was crazy.

"Yeah she'll have a sprite." Chris repeated to the waitress.

"Umm, okay..." She said, but I could tell she didn't write it down. She didn't believe him. Who would?

CHRIS POV

When the waitress left, I turned to April.

"April, how come none of these people can see you?!" I said angrily. How could they not see her?! She was a beautiful girl sitting right across from me!

"Umm... I'll tell you in the morning." She said in a barely audible voice. So this was ANOTHER thing that was tied into her secret, huh? Well I didn't know anyone who had a secret involving the fact that no one could see them.

"Okay, I'm not gonna push you for answers in the middle of a restaurant, but since they can't see you for some odd reason, just tell me what you want to eat so I can order for you." I said. She reached over to my menu and pointed to what she wanted, and then sat back with an embarrassed look on her face.

When the waitress came with my drink, I glared at her.

"I said I wanted an additional sprite." I said.

"But I thought-"

"You didn't bring my sprite." I continued, cutting her off.

"Sorry, sir." She said, dashing to the kitchen and coming back moments later with a sprite. I thanked her and sat it down on the table.

"What would you like to order sir?" She asked. I told her what I wanted, and I added April's food to mine. The waitress raised an eyebrow at me and scribbled it all down in a hurry, like she wanted me out of the restaurant as fast as possible.

"Your food will be here shortly." She said, walking away.

"I'm sorry that you had to find out this way..." April began.