[00] Prologue

Kelsey's POV

The beaming light of the sun hit my body as I walked out of the shade from under the tree, the soft grass gently brushing beneath my bare feet as I walked further into the sunlight. I could hear a faint sound of tweeting birds coming from near by, but they got quieter and quieter as I hiked up the steep hill.

Once I reached the top of the hill, I noticed there was a girl in the distance. Not knowing who she was, I decided to call out for her so she would turn around and notice me as I did her. "Hello? Hey you!" I shouted, but she couldn't hear me, that or she's ignoring me.

"Excuse me?" I called out as I continued to stalk towards the girl. Nothing. She didn't even flinch...maybe I need to get closer. Tracking down the small slope, I gradually got closer and closer to the girl. I was about to open my mouth to speak again, when a white door appeared in front of the girl out of thin air, which caused me to stop in my tracks.

Right, okay...what on earth is a door doing in the middle of a meadow? Where did it come from? Why is there a door here, I'm so confused. I watched closely as the girl opened the white door. Okay...this isn't weird at all. There was no one or anything waiting at the other side of the door, all you could see was the opposite side of meadow.

The girl stepped forwards, about to go through the door. "Wait! Where are you going?" I asked the girl. She stood still before slightly snapping her head up to the side, I could almost see her face but her hair was covering it too much. I could hear her mumbling something, but I couldn't make out the words she was trying to say. "What was that? I can't hear you."

"Time is running out." She spoke a little louder this time. Time is running out? What is that supposed to mean? Was she directing that at me or herself? After all, she was mumbling..."I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand?" The girl turned her attention back at the door.

"Look at the sky." She told me, and I did. Grey clouds filled the once clear blue sky...oh god, the sky is darkening. The sun no longer bright, but a fated glow. The warm breeze was becoming cooler and cooler by the second. How did I not notice this? Is she doing this? What's going on?

Wait a minute her voice, it sounded so familiar. Looking back down at the girl, she was now gone. Oh no, she probably went through the door...but surely she'd be in the other side of the meadow? Where the hell is she? I didn't get to see her face. I need to see her. Making my way to the door, the wind was becoming more harsh, almost pushing me off my feet.

I need to go through the door before a storm comes. Not wasting anytime, I sprinted to the door, but with every leap I made to get closer, the door was getting further and further away. "No! No!" I shouted, desperately trying to push myself through the strong force of the wind.

In the far distance, I saw the white door was closing. "Wait! Don't close, I'm coming!" I yelled. No, no, no! I need to get to the door. I need to go through it now and see the girl. I have to ask her what she meant by 'time is running out'.

And why did she tell me to look at the sky? Was that her way of distracting me so I wouldn't stop her going through the door? Where does that door lead to? She couldn't have just disappeared. By now the wind was dragging me away like an ocean current, I had no control. I was being dragged to the edge and there was nothing I could do about it.

I closed my eyes tightly as I began to fall.

_______________________________________________________________

Hello there my beauties! Guess who's back (back, back)...back again...Lorna's back (back, back)...tell a friend. Did you miss me? Hahah, no, I'm being serious...did you? Oh, I'm only joking...

Well, well, well...what did you lovely people think of this prologue? Who do you think the girl was? And what is on the other side of that door? Hmm, I wonder.

Anyways, I'm so glad to be back and continuing with Kelsey's life...I hope you all are as well. I'm really excited to publish more...so many ideas...so many things are gonna happen...I just hope you're ready for this rollercoaster, so buckle up, and prepare yourself.

Vote/comment/share