No.

"You.. ", I begin to threaten but fumble with words.

Diego uses the advantage he got and slips his wrist out of my grip, grabbing the gun and shooting towards the car that's about to leave.

Laura's scream is heard from inside of the van and my thoughts go numb as I hear the glass shatter. The same way it did when we.. When she..

Oh god.

My chest hurts and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by so many emotions that I don't even notice when Diego throws me to the side and begins to stand up. I widen my eyes and snap out of the trance that has tricked me into falling in it and grab him by his foot. He falls onto the snow and groans when his face comes in contact with the hardened surface.

"She could just easily fuck Luke and be with him. I don't even know why she chose you. You're nothing but a pathetic man who couldn't get his shit together. ", Diego challenges and I kick him in his ribs, hard.

"Stop messing with my head! ", I scream and grab the gun that's fallen next to him.

I point the thing on my enemy and he bitterly chuckles as I stand up.

"What are you going to do? Shoot me because I'm saying the truth? You will never be enough for Laura. You almost killed her, dammit. How can you be with her and hurt her this way? I know you will. You do nothing else but.. ", I cut him off by kicking his face once. He coughs and looks away.

"You don't know shit about Laura and I so I suggest you to shut up and beg for mercy if you want to live. "

I watch as the car with smashed windows leaves with Laura, Ryland and Luke in it. My eyes direct towards a small pool of blood Ryland has left and I hiss.

"All I know is that you're a shitty person and by the end of the story, she will leave your ass for sure. You were never strong enough to keep her. ", he smiles and my hands begin to shake.

"Shut up! "

"You know I'm right. "

"No! You are just trying to ruin my confidence and I won't fucking have it. "

I don't know if I should do this. I have full advantage of him and can easily blow up his head but.. I don't think I have enough strength to kill a human, not even a shitty one like him.

Who am I to judge him after all? I killed his sister and no matter how hard I am holding onto the hatred I feel for him, I know I'd react like a wolf when someone attacks his pack.

If somebody laid a finger on Rydel..

I would have lost my mind. Their house would be burning a few minutes after I find my sister just with a small stupid scratch on her beautiful face or something. I know I was a shitty brother and she was a shitty sister and we've been mad at each other and haven't talked in so long, but I can't help it. Instinct to protect my family is stronger than any fucked up emotion I had towards their behavior through years and I still love them. I loved them all this time and missed them so much but my ego wouldn't let me admit it to myself, let alone them.

So, in a way, through this sick comparison I've just made in my mind, I can relate to him and understand him. Is revenge really a solution for this problem I have with Diego? He is just a lonely man who nobody understands after all. Reminds me of someone..

I'm not lonely anymore though. I have a pack full of wolfs ready to attack if someone tries to harass me, the same way I'd defend them until the very last breath is knocked out of my lungs. Family is a holy thing where ties are too tangled, ropes too strong and knots too big to be ruined. No matter where you go and what you do with your life, it's impossible to ignore the fact that certain people have the same blood in their veins like you. It's impossible not to feel the connection because it's too fucking strong that it can kill.