Chapter One

"Did you sign up for tennis?" Hayley's dad asked as soon as Hayley came through the door. She had a long day at School and is just ready to graduate.

"Yeah dad tryouts are next week," Hayley said while heading up the stairs and to her room. She just didn't feel like talking to him right now.

"Dinner will be ready in an hour!" He yelled from down the stairs.

When she got in her room she closed and locked the door immediately to start her homework. She only had one assignment but she needed to get in her zone. Just as she opened her backpack and took out her notes, the doorbell rang. "Princess can you get the door for me!" Her dad yelled while stirring the pot of pasta.

"Coming!" Hayley yelled while opening her door and running to answer whoever was at the door.

"Hello," Hayley answered annoyed that she was interrupted from her homework.

"Hi I'm here to give you this cake since I'm new in town," a boy about her age said angrily. He wasn't even looking at her. It was definitely clear that's he didn't want to be here either.

Automatically Hayley was annoyed from this guy. He was clearly one of those who didn't care much about anything. He wasn't even wearing a shirt. Instead he was wearing jeans and an open jacket. He did have abs to die for though which Hayley didn't mind looking at at all.

"Thank you," Hayley said awkwardly before taking the cake. As there hands touched accidental, the boy looked up at Hayley with a questionable look on his face before gazing at her intently.

At that moment Hayley looked at him fully. She absolutely loved his big green eyes and dark brown hair. It's as if she couldn't look away even if she tried.

"I'm Haden," he whispered breaking the silence.

"Hayley," Hayley whispered back.

"Who's at the door?" Hayley's dad said while coming up behind her and interrupting their moment.

"Hi Sir I'm Haden. My family just moved next door to you guys and my mom suggested that we bring a cake for you to get to know the neighborhood," Haden introduced with a smirk on his face. He didn't care about adults or what they thought of him. Well at least he knew how to hide his real feelings. In reality he did care but he would never let anyone see him care.

"Well thank you but no thank you. We're fine," Hayley's dad said before trying to drag Hayley inside with him.

"Dad," Hayley said sternly. "I'm so sorry about him. Thank you so much for the cake," Hayley said apologetically.

"Will I ever see you again?" Haden asked as Hayley's dad was grabbing her by the shirt to come inside.

"I'm sorry," Hayley said before her dad fully dragged her and slammed the door in Haden's face. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST DID THAT!" Hayley yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Stay away from that boy!" Hayley's dad said with no further response form Hayley.

Meanwhile Haden was eves dropping from the other end of the door. He needs to know how she feels about him. With her beautiful blonde hair and baby blue eyes how could he not want her.

After about two minutes the yelling had stopped and Haden had no idea what they were saying anymore so he went back home. "Did you give it to them?" His mom asked while unpacking boxes. She was a hard working mother who barely even spent time with Haden. Usually she's on business trips or parties.

"Yeah. They liked it," Haden said while helping her unpack.

"I saw there was a girl that lives there. She looks about your age," His mom said hinting towards Haden making friends.

"Yeah she looked around seventeen," Haden agreed.

"She is quite the beautiful girl if you ask me," his mom pushed.

"Mom drop it. I don't want a girlfriend right now plus her dad is crazy," Haden said while putting all the dishes in the cabinets.

"I'm sure he isn't," she disagreed.

"It doesn't matter. I should be focused on school anyway," Haden said as he finished. "I happen to be a straight A student."

"Since when?" His mom asked confused.

"Since kindergarten," Haden said with mumbled anger. "I'm going up to my room. By the way it's in the attic if you ever need me," Haden said before going up stairs and pulling down a set of stairs from the ceiling.

When he got in his room he closed the stairs and laid down on his king sized bed. Tomorrow after school his plans were to paint his room blue. With all the white it makes him bored. If he planned in bringing girls in there he would have to make an effort at least.

Suddenly Hayley's voice was coming from outside in her backyard. Automatically Haden rushed to the window to see what she was doing.

She was listening to music and singing while swinging on her personal swing set. She was an amazing singer and Haden already loved her voice. He was really looking forward to seeing her in school even though the year was almost ending. It was already second semester and after this he would be going to Princeton University.

"Haden I'm going to check out my new office so I'll be back tomorrow night!" Haden's mom yelled from down the stairs.

"Whatever," Haden yelled back in anger. "Looks like nothing will ever change," he mumbled before laying on his bed in exhaustion.