Chapter 12: The Savior of Two Worlds

Börja om från början

"Dawn..." Aelita said frowning.

"Yes, you know what I have to do before. And that's to give you your freedom from Lyoko, which means returning your human memories back to you..." I landed in front of her slowly and reached my hand up to touch her cheek, I could see the tears in her digital eyes. "You couldn't have possibly known this was how everything would've ended, but I won't drag you down with me, Franz Hopper was right about that much. I was never meant to have existed in the human world and even though he figured out how it wouldn't have lasted forever. I've lost the abilities I once had in this world and I don't know how long it would take to regain them if I waited anymore. This is for the best, for all of us." My hand glowed against her cheek and she gasped.

The second I knew she had regained her memories I flew back up into the air.

"Dawn! You can't, you were my best friend. My sister. Even if you were never meant to exist in the human world you did and you can't take back the memories we all have of you, so please stay, we can figure out how to keep you human and how to stop Xana without you having to die." I shook my head gripping the sword tightly in my hand.

"Unfortunately that's no longer a possibility for me anymore. Now that I know, I can't live a lie anymore. I always thought I felt more at home here on Lyoko, but I just didn't know why. Now I do. This is my home and it will forever be my home, now do it now. If you don't I can't guarantee that you'll all make it out of here alive..." I shivered as I flew off towards the ends of the sector which would take me to sector 5.

"Dawn, where are you going?!" Yumi called out. I stopped and looked back.

"Where the heart of Lyoko is and belongs. This is goodbye, now please go away." Odd took a step towards the edge.

"Dawn you can't... you can't leave... not when I..." I flew down to his level, my wings keeping me from dropping down into the digital sea.

"I know, it isn't fair god I know that Odd, but I have to. There's no other option, you think I wasn't happy to be with all of you and you don't think it hurts to leave you all? I'm being torn apart every second, but I know why I'm doing this. Why Franz Hopper brought me into creation even if he didn't realize it. I've always wanted nothing more than to protect the human race. My job was to protect the world from Xana and that's what I'm doing. Aelita, what he wants from your memory you know it now, so please you have to devirtualize before he comes back and learns of what I've done. He wants to free himself from the supercomputer and for him to do that he needs you, Aelita. Don't let him win." I looked at Ulrich and Yumi. "You two need to stop beating around the bush date, because its obvious you two like each other. You compliment each other nicely. Don't make the same mistake I did, not telling someone how you felt when you had the chance." I frowned and flew back away from Odd a little.

"Wait, you like me?" He asked hopefully.

"Since the very beginning, you gave me someone I could go to when I needed someone but yes there were times when you made me want to rip my hair out, but now all I want is for this all to be a long nightmare, I want it to end and to be free from the guilt and fear I feel." A silence filled the world of Lyoko that I never would've thought was possible until I heard it myself.

"Dawn..." Odd broke the silence first and I flew back towards him and gently kissed his lips.

"I'll miss you too." I stabbed the sword through his chest and he devirtualized.

"Dawn!" Aelita yelled.

"If you won't devirtualize yourselves then I'll do it myself." Ulrich and Yumi sighed, looking at each other.

"We'll miss you, Dawn. You were a great friend to us." Yumi said and pulled out one of her fans. "Ulrich." He nodded and pulled out his sword.

"It's been nice knowing you, Dawn. I'll take care of Odd I promise." I smiled shyly.

"I'll hold you to that promise. Aelita..." Aelita frowned and shook her head.

"I'm staying." I sighed and looked at the sky.

"Jeremy, I know you're there, please. This is the last thing I'm asking of you, please devirtualize her." I could hear in the distance the codes changing in sector 5 and I knew that he was devirtualizing her. Even before she actually started disappearing.

"No, Dawn!" But she disappeared before she could come close to me. Yumi and Ulrich had already devirtualized themselves and I smiled gently.

"You've all given me an amazing life and I couldn't have asked for better friends and family. Goodbye..." I flew towards sector 5 and finally all the way to the core room. It was empty but I knew it was meant to be that way, until I returned. I held up Xana's sword and pointed it at my chest again. A tear streamed down my face as I plunged the sword into my stomach. I could feel my body breaking down, I knew I didn't have much longer as I watched sector 5 disappearing around me.

"Thank you... for everything..." I said before everything disappeared.