"I'm leaving." He snapped. Even though his words were harsh, I knew he was regretting the things he had done. My dad loved my mother, unconditionally. He just was too blind from the drinking to show it.

"Goodbye, Charles." My mother said.

He didn't move for a few minutes, as if he was waiting to say something else, but couldn't.

Then he finally did speak. "I love you, Kathy. I always will." After that he left. The only sound heard from him was the front door shutting behind him.

"Excuse me." My mother told Ryan. I'm sure she was going to cry again in the privacy of her room.

After she left, I felt a hand squeeze mine. Not long after, I struggled to open my eye's. When I finally got them open, I saw that I was in my room.

Ryan sat in a chair beside my bed, his head was down and his sandy blond hair fell down onto his forehead.

"Ryan." My voice was hoarse. My throat felt as dry as the desert.

His head snapped up to look at me with wide gray eye's. "Alaina! Oh, thank God!" His whole body seemed to relax.

"What happened?" I croaked. I only remember bits and pieces of today.

"Your dad, he... I found him strangling you in the barn." He grimaced. "Then I beat the crap out of him. You passed out after that. I carried you inside and your mom told me to bring you in here." He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Oh." Was all I could say about it.

He was trying to kill me because he heard my mom and I talking about me being pregnant. I just hope the baby is okay.

"He left didn't he?" I asked him even though I already knew the answer.

"Yes."

"Good fucking riddance." I grumbled. "Now I won't have to use half of my paychecks to pay for make-up."

Ryan chuckled despite my bad joke. "That's true. But your mom is pretty upset about it."

"I know. She won't be herself for a long time after this. But I think it will be good for her." I tell him.

"Me too." He agrees.

"So how bad did you mess him up?" I tease, making him shake his head.

"Let's just say he'll be pissing blood for weeks. And I may have knocked out a few teeth." He grins.

"Good. I hope every time he takes a step he remembers why he's walking the way he is." I hmph.

"Alright, tiger." He chuckles. "You should rest a bit. I'm going to go finish the rest of the chores. I'll bring you up something to eat before I go outside." He says, kissing my forehead.

"Can you bring me a grilled cheese sandwich? And some pickles please?" I ask sheepishly.

"Pickles?" He asks with a grin. Thankfully he didn't catch on.

"Yes. And I want some iced tea." I say crossing my arms.

"As you wish, baby." He smirks and closes the door.

Twenty minutes later, he comes back with a plate with two grilled cheese sandwiches, three pickles, and a large glass of sweat tea.

I take it gratefully. "Thank you." I grin.

"For you, anything. You know that." He smiles.

He sits with me while I eat and watches every move I make.

"So, are you moving in with us now?" I ask taking a bite of a pickle.

"Yep. You are stuck with me." He teases.

"Damn." I sigh playfully and he narrows his eye's at me. "I mean yes!" I say throwing my hands in the air.

"Just for that I'm not buying you ice cream later." He smirks, taking a bite of one of my sandwiches.

"Ice cream?!" My eyebrows shoot up. He knows my weakness is chocolate ice cream from the diner I work at.

"Yep. You get none. I'm going by myself and I'm going to eat it in front of you."

"That's just cold." I huff making him chuckle.

"I'm going to do the chores now. You had better not be getting out of this bed. I mean it." He orders sternly.

"Fine." I sigh. "But what if I have to go to the bathroom?" I taunt.

"Piss the bed." He states making my jaw drop.

"You are unbelievable!" I say throwing my arms in the air.

He just shrugs.

After that he leaves me in the room alone. It's quite boring to be honest. I don't have a t.v. in here and the books I do have I've read a dozen times. I wait about five minutes until I hear the front door shut before I get out of bed and put on some more comfortable clothes.

Grabbing a pair of cotton shorts and a plain black t-shirt I head to the bathroom to take a long shower.

Looking in the mirror, I gasp when I see the bruise forming on my neck. I look like absolute shit. My hair is tangled and their is saw dust in it from the floor of Rebel's stall.

I still can't believe that my own father did that to me.

All because he found out I was pregnant.

He was going to be a grandfather for fuck's sake! It was his grandchild that was growing in my womb! And he had tried to kill us!

There was no way I would never forgive him for this. And he better pray that I never see his face again.